Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

can all three components be horizontal in SplitPane

In a Splitpane running in desktop mode the detailpane appears below the list pane. We want all three side-by-side. Is this possible?

To do this, just put an HLayout in the listPane.

Comment

But i want the listgrid in the listpane and the detail in the detailpane, because then the "responsiveness" is handled automatically when i run with DeviceMode.HANDSET. If i put both compoents in an HLayout in a listlayout "manually" i have to do all eventhandling myself, since i won't be able to call showDetailPane()

That's why i want to be able to tell the splitpane that i want the list and detail side-by-side.
      Last edited by mathias; 21 Aug 2019, 23:11.

Comment

So by manually you mean you need a simple conditional to handle “if desktop don’t use detail pane”.. this is a long long way from doing everything manually.

Comment

There is way more work than just a conditional... When an item is clicked in the listgrid, i have to do the event handling and canvas juggling by replacing the grid with the details, and managing the navigation pane. I have to somehow handle the navigation title back clicks and do the back conditional navigation myself, etc. All this kind of stuff is handled by the SplitPane by default.

All this is way more work than if had an orientation setting in the splitpane.

Comment

So again, SplitPane is already doing everything you want on tablet and mobile. In desktop mode, where none of the behaviors you describe are needed and there is no automatic navigation, you just put the components side by side. Very simple.

Comment

Not as simple as if i could specify the orientation :) Thanks for your help, i will do that then.

Comment

Final quick comment: I still think that being able to specify the orientation would be a neat feature and something you could consider for the future! Just my 5 cents.

Comment

Working...
                X