Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Websocket Configuration

Is there any documentation on setting up websockets for the messaging library? I have the messaging library working, but I'm assuming it's falling back to another mechanism. I'm getting 404 errors when messaging tries to connect:

Code:
    [WARN] 404 - GET /.../sc/websocket?ts=1568033891125...

The websocket auto-registers and is supposed to work without configuration, but by default at /isomorphic/websocket. You can change this by overriding this property in your server.properties:

Code:
    [messaging.websocket.URI: /isomorphic/websocket
    Can you change this to your /.../sc/websocket URI and see if that works? If so, then we just have a bug with SGWT auto-registration using the wrong URI.

Comment

So that got a little better I added this to my server.properties (the leading forward slash being important):

Code:
      messaging.websocket.URI:/$gwtModuleName/sc/websocket
      That gets rid of the websocket 404 error, however now I'm getting this in the server logs:

Code:
      2019-09-10T17:55:38.498Z [] ERROR (qtp721800657-97) com.isomorphic.js.JSTranslater [c.i.j.JSTranslater(error:56)] parse failure: 
      java.lang.ClassCastException: com.isomorphic.js.parser.JSParser cannot be cast to com.isomorphic.interfaces.IJSParser
      2019-09-10T17:55:38.498Z [] ERROR (qtp721800657-97) com.isomorphic.messaging.MessagingWebSocketEndpoint [c.i.m.MessagingWebSocketEndpoint(error:61)] Failure in onMessage handler
      com.isomorphic.js.UnconvertableException: parse failure: 
      java.lang.ClassCastException: com.isomorphic.js.parser.JSParser cannot be cast to com.isomorphic.interfaces.IJSParser
          at com.isomorphic.js.JSTranslater.fromJS(JSTranslater.java:2192)
          at com.isomorphic.js.JSTranslater.fromJS(JSTranslater.java:2176)
          at com.isomorphic.messaging.MessagingWebSocketEndpoint$ISCMessageHandler.onMessage(MessagingWebSocketEndpoint.java:164)
          at com.isomorphic.messaging.MessagingWebSocketEndpoint$ISCMessageHandler.onMessage(MessagingWebSocketEndpoint.java:148)
          at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.jsr356.messages.TextWholeMessage.messageComplete(TextWholeMessage.java:56)
          at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.jsr356.endpoints.JsrEndpointEventDriver.onTextFrame(JsrEndpointEventDriver.java:218)
          at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.events.AbstractEventDriver.incomingFrame(AbstractEventDriver.java:161)
          at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.WebSocketSession.incomingFrame(WebSocketSession.java:308)
          at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.extensions.ExtensionStack.incomingFrame(ExtensionStack.java:214)
          at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.Parser.notifyFrame(Parser.java:220)
          at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.Parser.parse(Parser.java:258)
          at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.io.AbstractWebSocketConnection.readParse(AbstractWebSocketConnection.java:632)
          at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.io.AbstractWebSocketConnection.onFillable(AbstractWebSocketConnection.java:480)
          at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:544)
          at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
          at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.isomorphic.js.parser.JSParser cannot be cast to com.isomorphic.interfaces.IJSParser
          at com.isomorphic.js.JSTranslater.fromJS(JSTranslater.java:2186)
          ... 16 common frames omitted

Comment

Which version of SGWT are you using and do you have isomorphic_js_parser.jar in your WEB-INF/lib?

Comment

I verified that the js_parser jar is present in the lib folder. I'm using version:

Code:
          Isomorphic SmartClient/SmartGWT Framework (v12.0p_2019-08-07/Enterprise Deployment 2019-08-07)

Comment

Working...
          X