Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Custom fields on FilterBuilder

Hello,

I am trying to implement an additional drop-down list on the filterbuilder. The goal is to have two drop-down lists where the second one would depend on the first one.

It should look something like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CustomFilterBuilder.png
Views:	113
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	259343
    So if I choose Europe in the first drop-down I can select countries that belong to Europe in the second drop-down list.

I cant seem to find a way to do this in the documentation.
    Is there a possibility to implement a custom form that gets displayed once a specific attribute is selected(continent in the screenshot above)?
    Could you give me an example if its possible or just tell me where in the documentation this is described.

Managed to get a version that somewhat works with creating a CanvasItem.

Name:	CurrentVersion.png
Views:	223
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	259360

The code I used for the item is:

Code:
    public class CategorizationFormItem extends CanvasItem {

public CategorizationFormItem(List<CategoryTreeBean> categoriesList) {

SelectItem categorizationType = new SelectItem("Type");

LinkedHashMap<Integer, String> categorizations = categoriesList.stream()
                    .collect(Collectors.toMap(CategoryTreeBean::getCategoryID, CategoryTreeBean::getName, (e1, e2) -> e1, LinkedHashMap::new));
            categorizationType.setValueMap(categorizations);
            SelectItem categorizationValues = new SelectItem("Value");
            final DynamicForm dynamicForm = new DynamicForm();
            dynamicForm.setNumCols(4);
            dynamicForm.setItems(categorizationType, categorizationValues);
            setShouldSaveValue(true);
            setCanvas(dynamicForm);
        }

}
    And when i create the filter I do the following for the field definition (field.setEditorProperties(new CategorizationFormItem(categoriesList));):

Code:
    private void createTextField(String name, String title, String... choices) {
        DataSourceField field;
        if (choices.length != 0) {
            field = new DataSourceEnumField(name, title);
            field.setEditorProperties(new CategorizationFormItem(categoriesList));
        } else {
            field = new DataSourceTextField(name, title);
        }
        field.setValidOperators(OperatorId.IEQUALS, OperatorId.INOT_EQUAL, OperatorId.ICONTAINS, OperatorId.BETWEEN_INCLUSIVE);
        setFields(field);
    }

The issue that is now happening is that I can only have one of the custom attribute filters displayed on the screen. As you can see in the screenshot at the top. If I add a second Category attribute the first one will loose the drop-down lists and if I would add a third one the first two would both be empty (See SS below).

Name:	MissingDropDown.png
Views:	138
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	259361
    Is there something I am missing in my implementation? Not sure what to try to fix this.

Comment

See the docs for setEditorType() / setEditorProperties() - you can't validly switch to a completely different item type via setEditorProperties(). What you've done here is basically created exactly one instance of your two-item DynamicForm and it's being yanked back and forth between different instances of the CanvasItem.

As far as using setEditorType(), you won't have to create a custom class or use reflection. It would be sufficient to set the editorType to CanvasItem and pass a FormItemInitHandler which creates the DynamicForm.

However, this whole approach is perhaps a bit off, as you should consider whether you actually want this same interface for every operator.

Comment

Working...
      X