Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Overflow issue

Hi,
    I am having Layput A and Layout B in a parent Layout.
    Layout B has a grid.I have set overflow visible for grid and have set overflow to auto for parent Layput.
    Now if i resize brower ,parent layout gets the horizontal scroll bar ( layout A has got white-space and layout B which has grid has taken its size without scroll bar due to overflow:visible).

According to me if i set Overflow from visble to auto for Grid , my problem of white-space on right side of layout A will be solved but it will introduce scroll in grid and layout A too.

My requirenent is that parent layout which should get the scroll,layout B should not have its own scroll and layout A should not have white-space on its right side.Is it possible to achieve it.

Please refer screenshoot(square in red is parent Layout, square in yellow is Layout A and square in green is Layout B having grid)

Thanks in advance!!!

Attached Files

This is way too little information to tell what is happening. Whether there is whitespace on the right side of Layout A has to do with what content you put in there, and the size settings on all the components in this nested layout.

Also, setting an entire grid to overflow:visible is a nonsense setting since it is the body that introduces scrolling, not the grid as a whole. Don't try this, it's either not doing anything or doing something you won't understand or expect.

Comment

Setting Grid's overflow to Overflow:Auto.It introduces the scroll in grid when required but at same time i get 2 scrolls i.e scroll of parent Layout and grid's individua scroll.
      In this scenrio no white-space is their on right side of layut A.

So, it means i need to set Overflow:Auto for grid to remove white-space of layout A.Is there ant way to remove to white-space?

Comment

Again, do not change the grid's overflow setting. The default is "hidden" and this is the correct setting to use. There is no use case in which it would make sense to configure it as "auto".

One you have stopped applying these odd settings, if you still have a problem, go back to the details we requested above.

Comment

Working...
        X