Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Strange behavior when moving events in Timeline

When moving events in timeline, they sometimes place "one under another" and not divide the entire lane area. Is it a bug or feature? How to avoid this?
    This behavior can be observed in Showcase (https://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt...imple_timeline), version 12.0p build 2019-11-16

Click image for larger version  Name:	Peek 2019-11-16 20-43.gif Views:	0 Size:	186.4 KB ID:	260038
    Last edited by taurus; 16 Nov 2019, 10:09.

What other behavior are you expecting? If they didn't stack, one event would be completely occluded and therefore lost to the user.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I (not OP) think that the problem is visible after 1st and 3rd move.

It’s not stacked then, while you can see that in this case it is stacked in the last row of the screenshot (last day of ”PDF Import/Export”).

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Yes, i expect, that after first move event will be stacked as well as after the second move, and it's right resize handler will be always visible (now it is hidden after the first move)

Comment

taurus - we see the issue in your video, but not in a direct test at the same URL - so, there must have been previous steps that put things in a bad state. For example, the event you're dragging around has been shortened from it's original length - did you do that by editing or drag-resizing and, if the latter, from which side/was it multiple resizes/etc? Did you perform other actions?

Blama - do you see this at the referenced URL, or are you referring purely to the OP's video?

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I only saw it in the video. Testing the sample (v12.0p_2019-11-17, current Chrome) I don't see it, but I noticed that it seems that I can't make events 1-day, 2-day is minimum.
            I did not see a reason for this in the sample's code, so this might be an unrelated bug.

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

w.r.t. the unrelated bug, it's also happening in SmartClient v12.0p_2019-11-17 and seems to be an off-by-one.
              If you resize the end (only there, not true for the start) of events, it always makes it one more or one less than intended.
              • 1 day event resized to 2 (by the red drag indicator) -> ends up as 3
              • 3 day event resized to 2 (by the red drag indicator) -> ends up as 1
              • 4 day event resized to 3 (by the red drag indicator) -> ends up as 2
              When trying be aware of the "weekend block" or set disableWeekends:false.

Best regards
              Blama

Comment

Thanks for the update - we're looking into the sizing logic as we speak, and will update here when we've fixed the issue.

Comment

Apologies for the delay in addressing this one - it's been fixed for builds dated November 29 and later.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this one I saw in #3 is fixed for me using v12.0p_2019-12-04. The other one I only saw in the video.

Best regards
                    Blama

Comment

Working...
                    X