Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.0p: Pointers needed: Building custom filter dialogs for ListGrid filterRow

Hi Isomorphic,

I want to solve this problem:
    I have a DB-field with comma separated ids like "1, 3, 5". These correspondent to Products "Aname, Cname, Ename", which I have in a different DB-field I use as displayField.
    I need to select out of many products. This GUI I'll build myself in a Window and return the selected IDs from there.

I can't use MultiComboBoxItem here (see this thread). Could you name the methods I'll need to build a custom ListGrid-filterRow FormItem you mention in your answer?
    I'm sure it will involve:
    • FormItemIcon
    • TextItem (How to make it behave like the filtering for independence here in the lower ListGrid (no focus when tabbing (=no manual editing possible))?
    • Window opened from clickHandler
    I'm not clear on what to return.
    Which setters I need to call on my TextItem in order to:
    • Display my selection in TextItem
    • Have ListGrid-filtering pick up my selection
    • If not out of the box: Have the Item display my product-text instead of product-IDs, if a saved ViewState gets applied

Thank you & Best regards
    Blama

If you don't want direct editing of the text just made your control readOnly. Yes you would open a Window from a clickHandler on a FormItemIcon.

The value can be whatever you want it to be (eg an Array), then use the normal formatting APIs to show what you want.

If you need to do fetches to map from ID to display value, do that. Cache results locally or globally - up to you to decide how.

FormItem.getCriterion() is how you provide the criteria you want for ListGrid filtering.

Comment

Working...
    X