Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

"resize bar" which can ONLY hide/show layout and NOT resize it

Hi Isomorphic,

is it possible to have "resize bar" which can ONLY hide/show layout and NOT resize it.

We use many "design patterns" so if we allow "resizing of Navigation layout" then it looks very bad in some cases.
    Example:
    This is how it looks now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	original.PNG
Views:	149
Size:	911 Bytes
ID:	260312

This is how it could look if resizing is allowed:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized.PNG
Views:	149
Size:	1.0 KB
ID:	260313
    This "triangle" does not make sense in this case.

So I just want to allow that it's possible "to hide whole layout and show it" and not resize it.

Best regards
    Pavo

You could create such a control by simply calling show or hide.

What would likely be better would be to set up that triangle so that it moves with the bar when resizing occurs.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

but then I have to create "custom resize bar" for HLayout and VLayout. I would like to use your ResizeBar because it looks perfect. And somewhere else I'm going to use your ResizeBar and if you change style then I would have to do the same because ResizeBars should looks the same.
      Plus I would lose many possibilities which are already implemented for your "ResizeBar" (size, LayoutResizeBarPolicy,..).

I'm suggesting something like
      Code:
      setShowResizeBar(true);
      //Something like: isResizingResizeBarAllowed(false);  //That means only click on ResizeBar is possible.
      Best regards
      Pavo
      Last edited by pavo123; 6 Dec 2019, 09:03.

Comment

You may have missed layout.resizeBarClass, which allows you to provide your own resizeBar, which could be a subclass of the built-in ones.

But again, rather than just breaking a useful capability, we would suggest just fixing your approach to rendering that triangle so that it works when a resizeBar is used.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

yes, I missed that one. But thanks for the hint!
          I don't want the resizeBar can be moved for many reasons, the triangle is just one of them.

I solved problem this way
          Code:
                  setShowResizeBar(true);
                  setWidth(190);
                  setMinWidth(190);
                  setMaxWidth(190);
          Best regards
          Pavo

Comment

Working...
          X