Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Unit Testing framework for Smart GWT Server side code

Hello Isomorphic,

I am relatively new to smart gwt, I need a help on choosing Unit Testing tool for smart gwt server side code.

Please suggest on how to proceed.

Please let me know for additional info.

Thanks,
    Vignesh N SE

We have no particular recommendation for server-side unit test frameworks. Use whatever you like.

You should read the Standalone DataSource Usage topic in the JavaDoc however.

Comment

Hello Isomorphic,

We are trying to use JUNIT + Mockito for server side . Please let us know if this is good to go with ?

Thanks,
      Vignesh

Comment

We don’t really think much of mocking as an approach, as it tends to produce large volumes of test code without trying out very many permutations in terms of data. But JUnit is of course fine.

Comment

Hello Isomorphic,

Please suggest us how do we get data to test server side code without using mock data ? Do we need to fetch the data from DB tables itself ?

Can you please share some example for the same if any ? it would be very much helpful.

Please let me know for additional info.

Thanks,
          Vignesh

Comment

Not really understanding the question.

There are many ways of feeding data to test cases. This doesn’t depend on the specific technique of mocking. It’s an unrelated concern.

If you need help developing a testing strategy, Isomorphic offers consulting services.

Comment

Working...
            X