Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.0p Print preview on iPad showing whole screen instead of print preview content

Hi Isomorphic,

if you call the Print Preview sample (v12.0p_2020-01-18) in Chrome 79 on an iPad, it shows the Preview Window as expected.
    Once you click "Print", you see what is going to be printed again in the Browser Print Preview-Window. This differs from the Preview Window, as it is just a full screen print of all widgets shown in normal color and design - much like a screenshot.

This works as expected and like on desktop if you use Safari on iOS.
    Also the PDF export in the same sample works as expected in Chrome 79 in iOS, it's only the print function that has problems.

This was tested with an iPad Pro, I'll test iPad Air 2 as well.

Best regards
    Blama

Hi Isomorphic,

it's the same on an iOS 13 iPad Air 2: Safari working as expected, Chrome 79 iOS showing current viewport in Browser Print Preview.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I tried as well on an old Lenovo YT3-X50F with Android 6.0.1
      Here in Chrome 79 the print preview shows, but it is missing the Print button on the top right?! This happens in the sample and in my application. Do you have some check of "is a printer installed"?

Print in general does work, the button on this page opens a PDF Preview.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

another test: In showcase, my application and the w3schools from link above, Firefox Klar/Focus 8.1.3 on iOS 13 on an iPad Air 2 show the "Print" button (you top right in the header of the print preview button as expected, w3schools where expected for them), but on click nothing happens.
        Here I think there is not much for you to do, if even the simple w3schools button does not trigger a preview window.

All of the above are not high priority for me, as Safari on iOS 13 works in iPad Pro and iPad Air 2.
        Having Chrome work as well on iOS/Android would be nice, though.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Working...
        X