Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Is there any way to scroll to timeline event?

Hey there, my problem is that I cannot find how to scroll to timeline event.

I have something like this https://i.imgur.com/HWoK5cT.png . Timeline with bunch of lines. There are that many lines that so I'm implementing a search.

With that search I can get TimeLine eventCanvas object, but I cannot find any way to scroll to that event.

Is there any way of doing this?

P.S. I'm using SmartClient with javascript.
    Last edited by valkas; 10 Mar 2020, 07:58.

Perhaps you missed Timeline.scrollToTime()?

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      Perhaps you missed Timeline.scrollToTime()?
      Hey, Isomorphic , there might be a chance I don't know how to use this method, but I think this is not what I need.

For example I have really a lot of developers (as in the photo on the left side), that many so it takes a lot of time to scroll through them.
      And developers have some kind of events (I marked events with red box just to be sure we're talking about same thing https://i.imgur.com/l48HBDw.png) and every developer event has it's own eventId.

Using some methods when I find that whole event (with eventId) I need to scroll my whole timeline to that specific developer line.

At the moment Timeline.scrollToTIme takes one parameter which is time (as a string) and it doesn't do the trick I need. (I tried to pass eventId there, didn't work)

In the end, maybe do you know how to perform this action or did I use scrollToTime incorrectly?

EDIT (found solution): I checked how this method was implemented and used it like this - Timeline.getSelectedView().body.scrollTo(0, yVar);
      Last edited by valkas; 13 Mar 2020, 04:10. Reason: found solution

Comment

We've added a new API, Calendar.scrollToEvent(event) - this will scroll the requested event into view, horizontally and vertically as necessary, if it can be reached in the current date-range - otherwise, it will reload the view with a date-range that includes the requested event and then scroll to it.

You can test this out in builds dated March 17 and later
        Last edited by Isomorphic; 16 Mar 2020, 10:20.

Comment

Working...
        X