Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Grid exportClientData issues

Hi,

using v8.3p_2013-02-08/Pro Deployment (built 2013-02-08)
    local GWT dev mode with FireFox 17.0.1

I've got a few client side export issues:

* the "grid.setShowRowNumbers(true)" column adds a column in all the export formats (named $74y in CSV).
    The checkbox and expansionComponentArrow columns do not do this. So I assume the "row numbers" shouldn't either.

* localization issues: the test contains French & Japanese and the file is saved as UTF-8 (I hope file upload doesn't break it). The text shows up OK in my browser for this test case. On a deployed websphere we still have issues that the French accents aren't coming through (while Japanese does) in the exported file (and it shows up OK in the browser).
    In this test I have no trouble, unless that's because I'm not mimicking a server datasource here. I'll do some more investigations on our environments :/
    Still, there are differences between the format:
    ** Export grid as CSV: French OK, Japanese NOK
    ** Export grid as XML: French OK, Japanese NOK
    ** Export grid as XLS: French OK, Japanese OK
    ** Export grid as XLSX: French OK, Japanese OK
    My Excel at least shows the UTF-8 in the XLS fine, but not in the CSV or XML. Is it just an encoding setting issue? If so, I'm looking for the reason why it's showing up on screen fine, but not in an exported file. Do you have any thoughts on that?

* empty values
    An empty String or null value are showing as a space in every exported format.

* XML column order
    unlike all other formats, the order of the XML attributes does not follow the ListGridField order.

* TreeGrid export
    the first column shows [object Object], so it doesn't seem to pass the SimpleType formatter unlike the other columns.
    Sounds related to http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=24366

* ListGridField field4 = new ListGridField(FIELD_PARENT); field4.setHidden(true);
    when you set a field hidden via code or via the column picker, any export causes "(TypeError): _18 is null".
    others have this as well: http://forums.smartclient.com/showth...&highlight=_18

regards,
    Attached Files

Answers to some of these:

* localization issues: ...
    Use Firebug or a similar tool to see the HTTP headers and hence charset advertised by Websphere vs the environment where it works. As we note in the i18n overview, we force the charset to UTF-8 by default; perhaps Websphere (or some additional servlets present in that environment) force the encoding back to something wrong. Switching to the ISO charset that is the default for servlet engines would be expected to break Japanese but not French accent marks, for example.

* XML column order
    In the XML standard, the order of attributes is specified as being not guaranteed or preserved, so unfortunately, we cannot affect this.

Comment

Working...
    X