Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Between option in FilterBuilder has error

Hi Isomorphic,

We are facing issue while selecting an date during the usage of “between” option in the filter.
    User selects “between” option in the filter :
    From the first DatePicker, I select a date and click on “Apply”. The DateChooser should close, but it is not happening. [Refer SC-1]

From the second DatePicker, I select a date and click on “Apply”. But the date is being changed in the first box not in the second. [Refer SC-2]

This issue is happening only for the “between” and “between(inclusive)”. For all others it is working good for date field. We are not creating this DatePicker(Using Inbuilt component).

We are creating filter options through ds.xml file(using validOperators).

Could you please help me on this?

Attached the screenshots for reference.

Thanks,
    Manjula
    Attached Files

Hi Isomorphic,

I am using Smart Gwt 6.1 version and Gwt 2.7 version.
    We are supposed to use the above version.

Thanks,
    Manjula

Comment

Please indicate if this can be reproduced with the latest patched build, using sample code (didn’t happen for us). If it can’t, then we’ll need the code you’re using to reproduce the issue.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

Please find the attached files we use.

Test.ds.xml
        FilterBuilderWindow.java

Thanks,
        Manjula

Comment

We assumed you had tested with the latest patched build - looks like you haven't, because we just tried it and there's no issue.

Please test with the latest patched build and *be sure to do so in the future*.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I have tried to use the latest patch of 6.1-p20200816, but still I face the above issue. This issue happening only when we select "between" criteria.
            Could you please help me on the same ?

Thanks,
            Manjula

Comment

Sorry, again, we are not reproducing the error. We are testing by adding *just* your provided sample code to a standard test project (eg BuiltInDS). Most likely, you are not, and there is some invalid customization in your skin or perhaps in global configuration done via DateUtil which is breaking this functionality.

Let us know if you can figure out how to reproduce it, if you still think it's a bug at that point.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

You are right, we have some date customization like below,

private static final DateTimeItem DATEITEM = new DateTimeItem();
                static {
                DATEITEM.setDateFormatter(DateDisplayFormat.TOEUROPEANSHORTDATETIME);
                DATEITEM.setUseMask(true);
                DATEITEM.setUseTextField(true);
                }

The above DATEITEM is setted for the field.

Is there any possibility for the above code to cause the mentioned issue.
                If so, could you please let me know on the solution.

Thanks,
                Manjula

Comment

That is code to create a DateTimeItem, we’re talking about calls to DateUtil, which can globally change date parsing and other behaviors.

Please let us know if you can find a way to reproduce this problem.

Comment

Thanks Isomorphic.
                    You are right, we had a DateUtil which had a parsing breaking the functionality.
                    Now everything is working fine.

Thanks,
                    Manjula

Comment

Working...
                    X