Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Query generating with $defaultValuesClause

Hi team,
    I am creating an update DSRequest on server and setting values in it. when I execute the query is created like below:
    Code:
    UPDATE employee SET  $defaultValuesClause  WHERE (employee.employee_id=2)
    This query breaks by giving error that the update query is not fully formed. I can't find any detail about $defaultValuesClause. My dsRequest values contains the primary key id as well.

Thanks in advance.

Please, we have reminded you so many times, it’s just absurd that you continue to post woefully incomplete requests for support.

Version, logs, etc please.

Comment

My bad, I thought the generated query and $defaultValuesClause will do.

Code:
      DSRequest dsRequest= new DSRequest("Employee", DSOperationType.UPDATE.getValue(), rpcManager);
      dsRequest.setValues(fields);   // this map contains just the primaryKeyId
      LOGGER.debug(SQLDataSource.getSQLClause(SQLClauseType.All, dsRequest));     
      //generated SQL is   UPDATE employee SET $defaultValuesClause WHERE (employee.employee_id=2)
      return dsRequest.execute();
      Exception:
      Code:

java.lang.Exception: Insert, update or replace operation is not a full query; check DataSource configuration (operationBinding, valuesClause);check submitted parameters (valuesClause, command) for opertaion. 	at com.isomorphic.sql.SQLDataSource.SQLExecute(SQLDataSource.java:1314) 	at com.isomorphic.sql.SQLDataSource.processRequest(SQLDataSource.java:306) 	at com.isomorphic.sql.SQLDataSource.executeUpdate(SQLDataSource.java:254)

Comment

Hi preeti_kanyal,

what SQL do you expect for an update without any values for a SET and just criteria for the WHERE?

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

dsRequest.setValues(fields); // this map contains just the primaryKeyId
          You are asking for a SQL update but you have passed only the primaryKey. So there is nothing to update.. what else could you possible expect here?

Comment

Working...
          X