Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.0p: API to load all matching rows of a ListGrid before calling exportClientData()

Hi Isomorphic,

I'm looking for the correct way to load all matching rows in a normally paged grid in order to export them then with exportClientData().
    I know that this might result in big network and CPU load, but here the user know what they are doing.

I think that ResultSet.getLength() <> ResultSet.getAllCachedRows().getLength() is not correct in filtered ListGrids.
    I did see this API ResultSet.allMatchingRowsCached() though, which should do this for me.
    Next question then is if there is the possibility to get the ListGrid to load all remaining rows. I did not find an API on either ListGrid not ResultSet for this.
    I could do
    • myListGrid.fetchData(myListGrid.getCriteria())
    • myListGrid.getResultSet().getRange(0, 99999999999)
    Do you suggest any of these approaches or is there a better way to do this?

Best regards
    Blama

If you have not yet fetched you can set dataFetchMode:"basic". If you have already fetched, getResultSet().getRange() is correct, but there's no need to set some giant number since you can just call resultSet.getLength().

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

thanks, I'm using getResultSet().getRange(0, getResultSet().getLength()) now.
      With ResultSet.allMatchingRowsCached() instead of my own faulty mechanism it is now working as expected.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Working...
      X