Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

OK.....

There was no change anywhere in the relevant code, so, the fact that updating to the latest version “fixed” the problem probably indicates that your environment has been getting corrupted in some way, and whatever process you used to update SmartGWT (perhaps restarting your IDE?) actually fixed that underlying corruption.

This might also explain the mysterious Spring issue you are reporting. And it may explain why your team keeps reporting issues where we have a nearly 90% rate of never reproducing the problem (which is unique amongst all customers).

So whatever you did.. please do it periodically, and make sure to do it before reporting any new bugs!

Comment

Hi,

I tried this use case in a maven sample. Since the complete project was not allowd to be attached, I am only attaching major files from the sample. This sample is a MAVEN project and can be build using
      mvn clean install
      command.
      The AAListGrid have been trimmed down to be successfully sttached, but it has the code and properties I am using in the grid.

The DB connection details needs to be provided in server.properties and in applicationContext.xml file. It expects a MYSQL database with schema name test and table name animals. Please create the table as per the animals.ds.xml.

In this sample, please note that I am not using
      12.1-p20201118
      . Thus in this case, even when skipAudit is true, an audit entry is being created for the operation and audit_sequenceNumber is incremented accordingly. As soon as you update the version number to 12.1-p20201118, this starts working fine and as expected.

Please have a look at it and let me know if you would need something else.
      Attached Files

Comment

By the way the Spring issue also remains as it is and I am yet to check it with the latest nightly build.

Comment

You put together a huge but still incomplete test case purporting to reproduce a problem that doesn’t happen any more anyway?

We don’t plan to try to piece this together to make it runnable. The result would almost certainly be to simply confirm that, no, we still can’t reproduce the problem, and you’re not having the problem anymore anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X