Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

compiling SmartGWT 13.0 in GWT2.8

I am having problem with the new release in respect to SmartGWT Pro (version 13) and GWT-2.8. I am unable to have GWT compile with the new release. All of the pertinent Jar files seem to be in my classpath appropriately.

The key issue seems to be in getting the GWT Compiler to recognize SmartGWT Pro (version 13). The following are the lines I use for inheriting SmartGWT:

<inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.User"/>
    <inherits name="com.google.gwt.core.Core"/>

<inherits name='com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools' />
    <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEE"/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools"/>

The following is the result of the GWT compilation:

[java] [ERROR] com.smartgwt.client.widgets.SCStatefulImgConfig cannot be resolved to a type
    [java] [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/eTrans/GWT/smartgwtpro.jar!/com/smartgwt/client/widgets/SCStatefulImgConfig.java'
    [java] [ERROR] com.smartgwt.client.core.DataClass cannot be resolved to a type
    [java] [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/eTrans/GWT/smartgwtpro.jar!/com/smartgwt/client/widgets/grid/GroupSummary.java'
    [java] [ERROR] Line 119: The method setAttribute(String, Object) is undefined for the type GroupSummary
    [java] [ERROR] Line 96: Cannot cast from RefDataClass to GroupSummary
    [java] [ERROR] Line 87: The hierarchy of the type GroupSummary is inconsistent
    [java] [ERROR] Line 94: Incompatible conditional operand types RefDataClass and GroupSummary
    [java] [ERROR] Line 100: The method setJsObj(JavaScriptObject) is undefined for the type GroupSummary

Any Help would be appreciated.

Although you're saying that the .jars are on the classpath, this message really suggests they are not. Since this is just a GWT setup issue and not to do with our product, and we also don't know whether you're using an IDE or which one, all we can suggest is:

1. make sure you've followed the full install instructions. Don't skip steps

2. if you are using an IDE, clear any caches (eg GWT unitCache), restart the IDE, and if all else fails, just rebuild the project

Comment

Problem is now resolved! The issue was simply incompatibility in latest version of eclipse.

Comment

Working...
      X