Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid: Can I set one field's filter valuemap based on another field's filter selection?

Hi

I have a Listgrid with several fields. Two have valuemaps for filtering. Say one is called Type and has values of A, B, C etc. The other is called SubType, and I would like to set the filter valuemap of SubType depending on what the user selects for Type e.g. if user is only interested in Type A then SubType's valuemap should just contain e.g. A1, A2 etc., but if the user decided to filter on Type B then SubType's choices would be B1, B2 etc. I'm expecting the valuemap for SubType to change as the user selects the Type filter, not when they initiate a fetch by clicking the funnel icon.
    Is this possible and if so may I have a clue please? I haven't been able to find an example.

Thank you.

SmartClient Version: v12.0p_2019-04-19/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2019-04-19)

See the Dependent Selects samples. There's one for grids, one for forms.

Comment

Thank you Isomorphic, the hint sent me on the right path.

In case anyone would find it useful:

Code:
      SelectItem typeFilter = new SelectItem();
      typeFilter.addChangedHandler(new TypeFilterChangedHandler());
      type.setFilterEditorProperties(typeFilter);

private class TypeFilterChangedHandler implements ChangedHandler {
          @Override
          public void onChanged(ChangedEvent changedEvent) {
              String typeFilterValue = (String)changedEvent.getValue();
              if (typeFilterValue == null) {
                  _subtype.setFilterEditorValueMap(new HashMap());
              } else {
                  _subtype.setFilterEditorValueMap(typeFilterValue.equals("A") ? _aStatusMap : _bStatusMap);
              }
          }
      }
      "type" is a ListGridField to which I add a SelectItem as a filter editor control. When the user changes the filter selection the sub-type filter value map is set appropriately from Maps I have already created.

Comment

Working...
      X