Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

No success installing SmartGwt LGPL with Maven

Hello :-)

im new to SmartGwt and to Maven. I've read a lot on both of them in the past few days, I still can't get an installation done.

Ive installed the Plugin:

mvn com.isomorphic:isc-maven-plugin:1.4.5:install -Dproduct=SMARTGWT -Dlicense=LGPL -DbuildNumber=12.1p
    with a BUILD SUCCESS.

BUT when i try to generate my archtype (inside Intellij) :

mvn archetype:generate -DartifactId=my-application -Dmodule=MyApplication -Dmodule-short-name=myapp -DgroupId=com.example -Dpackage=com.example.myapplication -DarchetypeGroupId=com.isomorphic.archetype -DarchetypeArtifactId=archetype-smartgwt-quickstart -DarchetypeVersion=LATEST -DinteractiveMode=false
    [WARNING] Archetype not found in any catalog. Falling back to central repository.
    [WARNING] Add a repository with id 'archetype' in your settings.xml if archetype's repository is elsewhere.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.0:generate (default-cli) on project untitled: Unable to add module to the current project as it is not of packaging type 'pom'

Ive go to my settings.xml in maven home an add:

<profile>
    <id>isc</id>
    <properties>
    <product>SMARTGWT</product>
    <license>LGPL</license>
    <buildNumber>4.0p</buildNumber>
    <workdir>C:\Program Files\Java\smartgwt-12.1p</workdir>
    <repositoryId>repository-manager</repositoryId>
    <repositoryUrl>http://nexus.corp.int/nexus/content/repositories/thirdparty/</repositoryUrl>
    </properties>
    </profile>
    <pluginGroups>
    <pluginGroup>com.isomorphic</pluginGroup>
    </pluginGroups>
    This was also unsuccessful.

Here: http://github.smartclient.com/isc-ma...iguration.html it is written that a server must be configured. But are there settings for the LGPL?

<servers> [2] <server> <id>smartclient-developer</id> <username>scott</username> <password>tiger</password> </server> [3] <server> <id>repository-manager</id> <username>bruce.scott</username> <password>t1ger!</password> </server> </servers>
    <server> username ?
    <server> password ?

Outside Intellij using cmd: BUILD SUCCESS but also the 2 Warnings....

Opening Intellij, and the next Error:

Cannot resolve com.isomorphic.smartgwt.lgpl:isomorphic-sql:12.1-p20210223
    Sql...this is Pro and not LGPL ? Wrong archtype ? :eek:

So, whats wrong here ?

thanks

PS:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mist.png
Views:	541
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	264894

Last edited by alnes; 14 Mar 2021, 13:05.

A few problems with your post here that make it difficult to understand what's happening.

Ive installed the Plugin:

mvn com.isomorphic:isc-maven-plugin:1.4.5:install -Dproduct=SMARTGWT -Dlicense=LGPL -DbuildNumber=12.1p
    with a BUILD SUCCESS.
    This installs the SmartGWT framework and not the plugin, so it sounds like you actually have had "success installing SmartGWT LGPL with Maven".

BUT when i try to generate my archtype (inside Intellij) :

mvn archetype:generate -DartifactId=my-application -Dmodule=MyApplication -Dmodule-short-name=myapp -DgroupId=com.example -Dpackage=com.example.myapplication -DarchetypeGroupId=com.isomorphic.archetype -DarchetypeArtifactId=archetype-smartgwt-quickstart -DarchetypeVersion=LATEST -DinteractiveMode=false
    [WARNING] Archetype not found in any catalog. Falling back to central repository.
    [WARNING] Add a repository with id 'archetype' in your settings.xml if archetype's repository is elsewhere.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.0:generate (default-cli) on project untitled: Unable to add module to the current project as it is not of packaging type 'pom'
    It sounds like you're' invoking this command from a 'Terminal' window whose current directory has some other pom.xml there. Change to another directory, which will be the parent of the new my-application directory containing your generated project.

Ive go to my settings.xml in maven home an add:

<profile>
    <id>isc</id>
    <properties>
    <product>SMARTGWT</product>
    <license>LGPL</license>
    <buildNumber>4.0p</buildNumber>
    <workdir>C:\Program Files\Java\smartgwt-12.1p</workdir>
    <repositoryId>repository-manager</repositoryId>
    <repositoryUrl>http://nexus.corp.int/nexus/content/repositories/thirdparty/</repositoryUrl>
    </properties>
    </profile>
    <pluginGroups>
    <pluginGroup>com.isomorphic</pluginGroup>
    </pluginGroups>
    This was also unsuccessful.
    It's pretty unclear what else you might have done differently, or what you mean by "unsuccessful". To use the profile you have configured here, you'd need to activate it somewhow. E.g. `mvn isc:install -Pisc`. Note that your buildNumber should be changed to 12.1p before attempting it.

Here: http://github.smartclient.com/isc-ma...iguration.html it is written that a server must be configured. But are there settings for the LGPL?

<servers> [2] <server> <id>smartclient-developer</id> <username>scott</username> <password>tiger</password> </server> [3] <server> <id>repository-manager</id> <username>bruce.scott</username> <password>t1ger!</password> </server> </servers>
    <server> username ?
    <server> password ?
    Not clear where you see that "a server must be configured". Not on the page you've linked to, certainly... To answer your question, no you don't need it unless you're trying to download a version that requires authentication. You can use both LGPL and EVAL versions without any configuration, and as we've established, your SmartGWT installation was successful without it.

Outside Intellij using cmd: BUILD SUCCESS but also the 2 Warnings....
    It sounds like you're saying you made another attempt at archetype:generate from another directory, had success and...

Opening Intellij, and the next Error:

Cannot resolve com.isomorphic.smartgwt.lgpl:isomorphic-sql:12.1-p20210223
    Sql...this is Pro and not LGPL ? Wrong archtype ? :eek:

So, whats wrong here ?
    now you're trying to work with the generated project using IntelliJ. The project was generated based on an archetype that illustrates SQLDataSources but Maven can't resolve the required dependency because, to your point, you're using a license that does not include SQLDataSources. Your options would seem to be:

1. Choose a different archetype illustrating an example closer to whatever persistence framework you intend to use. If you haven't already seen it, you can find a list of options at https://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt...enSupport.html

2. Evaluate SmartGWT using the same archetype but an EVAL copy of the framework (recommended).
    Last edited by Isomorphic; 14 Mar 2021, 14:02.

Comment

Hello,

I have now also tried the EVAL version. Unfortunately without success.

SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
      SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
      SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.

Report plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-project-info-reports-plugin has an empty version.
      It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your build.
      For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.

Error injecting: org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.CiManagementReport

There is also no really good configuration guide.
      Experienced users may have no problem getting started.
      As a GWT experienced, but Maven inexperienced user, I feel rather helpless here.

Anyway, thank you, still wish you a good day.

PS: At GWT you use the webAppCreator and have a working program to start without any further problems.
      Here, I've actually been operating around for hours without a happy ending.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by alnes; 17 Mar 2021, 03:00.

Comment

I have now also tried the EVAL version. Unfortunately without success.
        We're sorry that you're still struggling, but what you have here seems to be a pretty different set of problems. You haven't provided any detail at all around how you got into this state, which makes it pretty difficult if not impossible to help you. We'll need to ask that you provide all the usual minimum information going forward.

SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
        SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
        SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
        This is a benign warning and can be ignored. We will update the archetype so that this disappears though.

Report plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-project-info-reports-plugin has an empty version.
        It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your build.
        For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.

Error injecting: org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.CiManagementReport
        It isn't clear where your reports plugin is configured, or why it appears to be included in a GWT compile step (if that's the source of the 2nd error - you haven't said). This doesn't appear to be at all related to SmartGWT or any Isomorphic archetype, and indeed can't be reproduced using the most recent EVAL build.

There is also no really good configuration guide.
        Experienced users may have no problem getting started.
        As a GWT experienced, but Maven inexperienced user, I feel rather helpless here.
        It isn't clear what you mean by "configuration guide", but we look forward to feedback on what documentation you think is missing or incomplete. The instructions you've already seen are pretty straightforward in our opinion, and you shouldn't need any kind of configuration to get started.

1. Install Maven, if necessary. You did this without any trouble, as far as we know.
        2. Install SmartGWT, if necessary. You did this without any trouble too, as far as we know.
        3. Generate a project from whichever archetype you've chosen. You apparently had a problem here when you tried to run archetype:generate (which is of course not an Isomorphic plugin) from an invalid directory but either didn't see or weren't able to interpret the error message you included here. You got help with that within the hour, over the weekend.
        4. Run the project using the instructions in the README file included with your project. Unclear if you ever did this, but what you show in your screenshots is not documented there, or even by the GWT plugin doc (again, not an Isomorphic plugin). You also seem to have made some changes that continue to cause you trouble, but you haven't said what those changes were or why you thought you needed to make them.

PS: At GWT you use the webAppCreator and have a working program to start without any further problems.
        Here, I've actually been operating around for hours without a happy ending.
        This whole thing takes minutes, not hours, following the instructions found here and elsewhere. That said, there is no requirement to use Maven at all if you are still uncomfortable with it. As is also documented, you can just download an SDK and start with one of the sample projects under the "samples" directory.

Comment

Hello,

and thanks for your time.

but what you have here seems to be a pretty different set of problems.
          juup. But only with SmartGwt. My GWT Maven/Ant Projekts run well, as alle my other Java Projects (Libgdx with gradle...)

This doesn't appear to be at all related to SmartGWT or any Isomorphic archetype, and indeed can't be reproduced using the most recent EVAL build.
          It may be correct that this error is not produced by SmartGwt per se, but it only occurs (for me) in this combination.

It isn't clear what you mean by "configuration guide"
          A very simple guide on how to create the first project, in all its details.
          The manual only refers to:

Name:	mist1.png
Views:	500
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	264958

There you will find your 3 steps listed above. If, for whatever reason, they don't work, then ...

That said, there is no requirement to use Maven at all if you are still uncomfortable with it. As is also documented, you can just download an SDK and start with one of the sample projects under the "samples" directory.
          I've tried that, but this won't work with Intellij either.

Name:	mist2.png
Views:	459
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	264959

Readme:
          * Have your IDE build .class files into 'war/WEB-INF/classes'.
          * Add gwt-user.jar and gwt-dev-<platform>.jar to your project build path.
          done

But it's okay, I won't invest any more time here.

And thanks anyway for the help.

I still find the project itself very interesting.
          So I'll probably only use the widgets themselves.

Comment

Working...
          X