Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Horizontal spacing between FormItems

Hi Isomorphic,

I'm using top-oriented titles similar to the following SmartGWT Showcase example:

https://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt...ut_form_titles

I would like to increase the space between FormItems in a row. I'm currently using an extra column for a SpacerItem, but I would prefer to not to have to create a bunch of SpacerItems just to leave a gap.

I also looked at the left and right padding but didn't want to leave extra space on the ends.

Is there a better option for controlling the gap width between FormItems?

Thanks

Sorry, we've having trouble parsing this, because it seems like you're saying that you want padding but also don't! :)

Can you clarify what is wrong with increasing padding on the cellStyle? There is also dynamicForm.cellPadding, although, be aware, the cellStyle's padding, if present, overrides that (standard CSS).

Comment

Increasing the cell padding works, but it also adds padding to the left and/or right side of the form since it applies to all form items. Ideally, I only want to increase the horizontal padding between adjacent form items.

Comment

Typical form designs would want at least as much space around the form as exists between the elements, so presumably this is some kind of unusual form situation..

Anyway the options are:

1. cellPadding

2. CSS (cellStyle and other styles)

3. columns wider than the elements

4. spacers

Comment

OK, thanks. I was able to make option 1 work. I didn't end up needing as much space between items as I thought.

Comment

Working...
          X