Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid.filterData() missbehaviour in smartgwt 13

Hello,

After upgrading from SGWT 12.1 to 13 the ListGrid.filterData() method just does nothing in our application. We are using a shared DataSource with a list of TreeNodes for a TreeGrid, ListGrid and TileGrid components. All of them filter ok except the ListGrid. It must be something particular but there is no error in the stack trace. If I test it on a very simple test case it is working fine. Hence I need some help in determining what might have changed in version 13 so I can narrow down the code in order to reproduce it on a smaller test case.

I found the source of the problem. It seems that if filterData() is called before the ListGrid is added to a component it works fine in SGWT 12.1 but not in 13. Hence I called filterData() after the ListGrid is added.

Comment

There's no obvious 13.0 change that would cause this, but things to clarify:

1. do you actually draw() the component in some other context, then add it to a new component? (generally a bad idea, or at least a waste)

2. are you seeing a request to the server, or just nothing at all?

3. any warnings or errors?

Comment

The answers are:
        1. No
        2. The fetch request is made and the datasource is populated before the ListGrid becomes visible.
        3. No

Just to make it clear... this configuration does not filter:
        Code:
        projectsGrid.filterData(new ProjectsExceptAllProjects());
        mainPanel.setMembers(projectsGrid);
        While this one does filter:
        Code:
        mainPanel.setMembers(projectsGrid);
        projectsGrid.filterData(new ProjectsExceptAllProjects());
        Both configurations work fine in SGWT 12.1. The above code is in the constructor of a component that contains the ListGrid and that becomes visible after the user presses a button. It sounds like filtering before the component was draw does not work and it sounds reasonable. In 12.1 it works even that way although it might not be a correct solution. Hence most probably it was a bad practice from our part so you can ignore the issue.

Thank you!

Comment

We did some testing with the following code and the filtering worked fine (before and after adding the ListGrid to a layout).

Code:
          final ListGrid countryGrid = new ListGrid();
          countryGrid.setWidth(550);
          countryGrid.setHeight(224);
          countryGrid.setDataSource(worldDS);
          countryGrid.setAutoFetchData(false);
          countryGrid.setShowAllColumns(true);

final VStack vStack = new VStack(10);

IButton filterButton = new IButton("Filter");
          filterButton.addClickHandler(new ClickHandler() {
          public void onClick(ClickEvent event) {
          Criteria criteria = new Criteria();
          criteria.addCriteria("continent", "Europe");
          countryGrid.filterData(criteria);
          vStack.addMember(countryGrid);
          }
          });

vStack.addMember(filterButton);

vStack.draw();
          Please, retest with the latest version of 13.0 and if you still reproduce the issue and your sample code is different, let us know.

Regards
          Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
          X