Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Load skin exception while trying on smartGWT 13.0 ( 13.0d.2021-03-31)

I am trying to upgrade our projects from smartGWT 12.1 to smartGWT13.0 (13.0d-2021-03-31). And facing an exception while loading the app in the browser. The exception I see is getting thrown from load_skin.js. I have attached the screenshot from the load_skin.js and the log details.

Is this problem documented anywhere? How should I resolve this?
    Attached Files

This could be caused by loading a 13.0 load_skin.js file against either the 12.1 version of the framework, or against a 13.0 build that is older than the skin file used, so start by verifying the files being loaded are really the same version.

Comment

We had a quick look into this - the problem is that the internal names of our builtin stock-icons have changed in 13.0, as part of other enhancements; they now have their group as a prefix, in this case, "Header_Arrow_Down" rather than just "Arrow_Down".

We've made a change to fix this backcompat issue for tomorrow's builds. Please retest with a build dated June 4 or later.

Comment

Thanks for providing the solution for load skin issue.

But now I am seeing an assertion Exception in Button.java line 116 while loading the app. (I have attached the screenshot of the debugger.)

The IButton that is throwing the exception is defined as:

IButton emailBtn = new IButton("");
        emailBtn.setHeight(20);
        emailBtn.setWidth(30);
        emailBtn.setIcon("email.png");
        emailBtn.setShowHover(true);
        emailBtn.setPrompt("Email chart");

This exception happens as I try to load the app and after the exception app doesn't load at all, the UI stays blank. I only see this exception on the SmartGWT Version: SNAPSHOT_v13.0d_2021-06-06/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2021-06-06). If I switch back to older version 12.1_2020_07_31, I don't see this assertion exception.

Please advice if we need to update anything in the code to be compatible with the 13.0 version.

Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X