Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Is it possible to retrieve the value from sever.properties inside dataSource XML?

Is it possible to retrieve the value from sever.properties inside dataSource field attribute ? if Yes then how it can be achieved?

Hi xdebugger,

it is, see here.
    Code:
    public static Long getBuildDate() {
            Config.getGlobal();
            String buildDate = (String) Config.getProperty("buildDate");

SimpleDateFormat parseFormat = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm");
            Date buildDateAsDate = null;
            try {
                buildDateAsDate = parseFormat.parse(buildDate);
    If you need it in a DataSource (in order to use it on the client?), use a DMI for your fetch that returns the needed data as a DSResponse.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Hi Blama ,

Thank you for the response.

I have the validator element and expression attribute I need to get from the properties file.
      <validator type="regexp" expression="^[a-zA-Z]$" validateOnChange="true">

How can we achieve this?

Regards.

Comment

Hi xdebugger,

a lot of work for a single thing like this. Can't you store the regexp in the DB and do a normal serverCustom Java validator that does the validation with asking the DB first?
        If not, DynamicDSGenerator is what you need. See also here.

To start it add in web.xml:
        Code:
        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>RegisterDS</servlet-name>
                <servlet-class>com.mycompany.server.RegisterDS</servlet-class>
                <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
            </servlet>
        init() is then filled with your DynamicDSGenerator that parses the .ds.xml, and with XPath that manipulates it.
        This would be the right way and is a great feature in general (you can basically build DataSources based solely on configuration data, without a .ds.xml file), but it might be a bit overkill if it is really only about the one validator.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Hi Blama ,

Thank you for the solution, but this will require lot of changes on my end.
          Is there any easy way to do? maybe using VelocitySupport?

Comment

Hi xdebugger,

haha, did you see my question? I had the same idea because of this thread.
            Otherwise the serverCustom validator is a very easy way to solve your problem with the only downside that is does not run in the browser. But perhaps this is not a problem?
            The serverCustom validator would also work with server.properties instead of DB.

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

Your serverCustom validator can embed Groovy or other code right in the .DS.xml file. See the QuickStart about Server Script support.

Comment

Working...
              X