Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Warnings in console when using form with "top" title orientation

Hi Isomorphic ,

I'm seeing the following warnings in the SmartGWT Developer Console when setting title orientation to "top" on the form.

Code:
    15:54:17.051:XRP9[E0]:WARN:sizing:isc_TextItem_29[name]:getVisibleWidth() unable to determine width - returning zero
    15:54:17.051:XRP9[E0]:WARN:Canvas:isc_measureContentCanvas:can't resize to width: 0; clamping to 1 [enable 'sizing' log for stack trace]
    This was also reported for SmartClient here.

I'm using SmartClient Version: v12.1p_2021-12-02/Pro Deployment (built 2021-12-02).

Thanks.

I'm not sure if it's related, but displaying a form with top title orientation is much slower than with left/right title orientation.

Comment

Hi
      This does appear to be effectively the same issue as in the linked thread. We are aware of it and work is in progress to get it resolved.
      We'll follow up when we have a fix.

Fair warning: it is a somewhat involved issue and we are currently also extremely busy preparing for the 13.0 release so this may take a little longer than usual to complete. Our understanding is that this should not be a blocking bug for you but please let us know if it has any user-visible impact other than the form in question being slower to render.

Thanks and Regards
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Isomorphic

Thanks for the update.

The forms eventually display fine, but we're seeing some of our larger forms taking a long time to render (> 10 seconds in some cases). The same forms render in a fraction of the time using left title orientation.

It's currently not a blocker per se, but please consider it high priority as we will be using top title orientation moving forward.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Stonebranch
          A quick update: The warnings should now be removed with the most recent nightly builds.
          The performance impact is under investigation - we'll follow up when we have more information for you

Regards
          Isomorphic Software

Comment

Thanks. I updated to the latest build and verified that the warnings are gone.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic ,

Do you have an update on the performance impact using "top" title orientation?

It's becoming a bit of an issue for us now since users are reporting it taking too long to render in some cases.

Thanks

Comment

Apologies, changes were made for this but didn't make it into the builds. We'll make sure it's in for tomorrow's builds.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic ,

I'm not seeing any noticeable performance improvement with the Jan 28 build. Can you confirm the changes made it into this build?

Thanks.

Comment

hi stonebranch3

Unfortunately not - we're doing it right now and will post again here when it's in.

Comment

This performance issue has now been addressed back to 12.1, for today's builds, dated January 29 or later.

Apologies for the delay in getting to it.

Comment

The performance is much better now and looks to be on par with "left" title orientation. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X