Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Help! Widget Problems in IE10

I follow what is indicated in the showcase but I still encounter strange problems of the alignment of the widgets only in IE10. It works fine in other browers. I have uploaded a screenshot here. Does anyone know how to solve it?
    Attached Files

Absolutely the same problems

Have the same problems even in showcase and in my application too.

Have tested on clean Windows 7 x64 Ent. Only all last updates were installed. Then last update with IE 10. So machine was absolutely clean.
    Attached Files

Comment

Solution

Solution was found. Just click "Compatibility view" in IE10. And you can see nice pictures again )). That's a trick.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by drozd12 View Post
        Solution was found. Just click "Compatibility view" in IE10. And you can see nice pictures again )). That's a trick.
        Thanks for your reply. Although the problem could be solved in compatibility mode, but I can't force my client to do so. They may require my adjustment until compatibility mode is no longer needed.

I did followed the way mentioned in FAQ that DOCTYPE tag was added in the index.html(http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=8159#aIE8). But there are still some tiny differences of the visual style.

Comment

HTML 5 DOCTYPE helped me. <!DOCTYPE html>
          It's my omission not read all FAQs. I don't see any differences in application L&F compared IE10, IE9.
          SmartGWT Showcase html page doesn't have any DOCTYPE declaration.

Comment

I just got IE10, visited the showcase, and I basically see the same problems reported by LHG on the live showcase:
            http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#main

1. The skin select box is not respecting the height
            2. The # of Samples slider overlays other checkboxes
            3. The TileView is moved all the way down at the bottom of the page, and generally looks off
            4. The TreeGrid indentation between folders and their nodes is not respected - it looks like a ListGrid
            5. I expand the TreeGrid Forms node, and its + icon does not change to -
            6. I expand the TreeGrid Forms node, and it seems that its children are not added as children, but rather added as siblings - or who knows what!
            7. While on a sample, the Overview dialog stays up
            8. On the Various Controls sample, control elements or sub-elements overlap
            9. On the Various Controls sample, the radio group sample overlaps with the slider
            10. On the Various Controls sample, the "click me" dialog has a bad background, and its borders seem to be drawn "off"

Enough IE10 fun for now...

Comment

As mentioned in the FAQ, you should use HTML5 DOCTYPE with IE10. Without this, IE is simply broken (leaks memory in a way that has no workaround, has no working vector graphics approach, etc?.

If you cannot use HTML5 DOCTYPE, the best compromise is to use the meta tags that put the browser into a mode where it emulates older editions of IE.

Do not report bugs seen only in the online Showcase; it doesn't run the latest patched version. If you think you have a bug that reproduces in the latest patched nightly with the correct DOCTYPE, please do report it.

Comment

No bug to report.
                As you say, and have probably repeated 1000 times, the compatibility mode at least looks good.
                IE 10: Tools | Compatibility View

Comment

Working...
                X