Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

UploadItem/FileItem Turn off Locale-sensitive

The UploadItem (and FileItem) is showing up with Spanish text (FireFox, Chrome) when user has configured browser to be Spanish.

I want my application to be all en-US locale regardless (as the rest of the components were English the customer was confused with the mix)

I have been trying to hard code language presented to be English regardless of browser setting with no luck.

Any one done this ? thanks.

Using smartgwt-3.0 on windows vista.
    Last edited by cormac; 4 Apr 2013, 09:14. Reason: version info

Any reply on this? Everything I read on the subject is about adding more locales to the default locale. But find no way to ignore the browser setting locale and force (UploadItem) to display english? Is it even possible does anyone know? regards.

Comment

Same problem

We have the same issue.

Any news? Trying to find a way also to fix this, but seems quite tedious since there is no API of manipulating this directly.

Comment

Hi,

I don't know if it works, but you could try to add
        Code:
        <meta name="gwt:property" content="locale=en">
        to your main .html-file.

Also, if you don't compile for other languages, it should fallback to english-only. Doesn't it behave like this? It would also have the advantage of a faster compile, as you'd only have the count(browser)-permutations, not the count(browser)*count(language)-permutations in gwtc.
        Compile languages are configured in you .gwt.xml

Code:
        <extend-property name="locale" values="de" />
        would add support for German, if localized.

Does this only happen for UploadItem or also somewhere else?

Best regards,
        Blama

Comment

Working...
        X