Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

DataSourceLoader servlet is not installed error message

SmartClient Version: SC_SNAPSHOT-2011-01-06/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2011-01-06)

IE9

I'm starting to look at creating dynamic datasources on the fly and when trying to do a client side DataSource.load() I get an error on the client saying 'The DataSourceLoader servlet is not installed.' I checked my web.xml and found this entry:

Code:
        <servlet>
            <servlet-name>DataSourceLoader</servlet-name>
            <servlet-class>com.isomorphic.servlet.DataSourceLoader</servlet-class>
        </servlet>
        <servlet-mapping>
            <servlet-name>DataSourceLoader</servlet-name>
            <url-pattern>/sc/DataSourceLoader</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>
    Is there something I'm missing?

The URL where the system is attempting to contact the DataSourceLoader servlet must be wrong.

You can see what URL is being used by looking in the "Net" panel in Firebug or any similar tool.

You can then either adjust the servlet mapping to match or call DataSource.setLoaderURL().

Comment

I checked the URL being requested in FF/Firebug and I tried adjusting the path in the servlet config (the snippet of code above), then none of my other Datasources would load and I was getting a NPE on startup.

On the client side, I could not find the DataSource.setLoaderURL() call you pointed me towards?

Comment

The paths just have to agree. If none of your DataSources are loading that probably indicates you have a <script src=> tag pointing to the old URL of the DataSourceLoader servlet. You can adjust that URL, too, so that all places where the URL is specified are consistent.

Comment

That was the issue, adjusting the path in the JSP tag so that everything points to the same URL path. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X