Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see the change in the docs here, thanks.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

Thanks for the build, that fixed my error and it all works now.

I tried creating a SimplyType because I use the same operators on multiple fields but I run into this error:

Error 1:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Error1.png
Views:	105
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	268146
      Error 2:

Name:	Error2.png
Views:	96
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	268147
      SimpleType Example:

Name:	SimpleTypeExample.png
Views:	110
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	268148
      DataSourceField Example:

Name:	FieldExample.png
Views:	98
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	268149
      Index Location:

Name:	index.png
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	268150
      Folder Locations: (DataSources are in SQL folder)

Name:	FolderLocation.png
Views:	101
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	268151

Any help would be great :)

Regards

Comment

Hi zhene,

you need to tell the framework where to look for .ds.xml files, you do this in server.properties by editing project.datasources:
        Code:
        project.datasources: $webRoot/ds, $webRoot/types
        Adjust this to your folder names.

Also, I'd load all your Types/DataSources in one call, as you have no hard guarantee that the Types call will be faster than the DataSources call. Just list the Types before any DataSource in the query string.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Thanks Blama, that is what I was missing.

I have noticed that all assigned operators are not shown in the selection.

Grid Operators:

Name:	availableOperators.png
Views:	113
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	268160

Assigned Valid Operators:

Name:	FieldExample.png
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	268161

ListGridField:

Name:	gridFIeld.png
Views:	93
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	268162

I assume that since we're using type="integer" but displaying type="text" the operators are getting confused?

Let me know what you think :)

Best Regards

Comment

Hi zhene,

I'm pretty sure the capitalisation of the 1st two is wrong Equals->equals and NotEqual->notEqual.

Can you have a look what difference this makes?

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

Hi Blama

Thanks for pointing that out. That did solve some of the issue, but I still don't see all the assigned operators.

Isomorphic Do you have any suggestions?

Comment

In the code snippet above, you have set validOperators on a hidden field. This field is not displayed. Set them on the field that is displayed to make them work.

Comment

Isomorphic If you see the field above that, I have labelId which is the field I use in the grid and display the field label. label is the field displayed.

Removing hidden="true" has no effect.

I did notice that if I switch from using a ComboBoxItem in the ListGridField to a SelectItem, I don't get any options for filtering. Please see the attached images:

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-21 102815.png
Views:	178
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	268375Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-21 102832.png
Views:	150
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	268376

Why does SelectItems not work for filtering and comboBoxItems not display IN_SET and NOT_IN_SET filtering operators?​

Comment

What interface are you hoping for here?

If you consider an ordinary string field (no valueMap and no related DataSource) and the inSet/notInSet operator, the UI to allow people to use such an operator might involve a pop-up where you can input multiple string values. This is not a built-in UI we have right now (although note: you can do this via https://smartclient.com/smartclient-...pressionFilter).

If you were instead hoping that, since this is an FK field, when you pick inSet, the interface switches to a databound multi-select, this also isn't built-in (yet) and has some pretty interesting complexity to it, because:

1. we'd need to switch to a SelectItem and yet preserve the ability to switch operators with an icon to the left

2. the criteria generated are now criteria on the FK field, not on the displayField. This means the UI would be generating criteria for different fields depending on the chosen operator.
                    So which "validOperators" apply?

In sum, not every operator has a pre-built UI for this specific style of filtering, however, expressionFiltering and the FilterBuilder are other options if this kind of criteria is common in your app.

You could also consider Feature Sponsorship to add more built-in modes.

Comment

Thanks, that makes sense.

Those features would be nice.

I will try and make expressionFiltering work. That at least allows me to see the IN_SET and NOT_IN_SET operators as options now. I'll have to do some custom handling to get the filter to work but at least I'm closer.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                      X