Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Performance issues

Hi.

I'm new with SmartGWT, and I have a problem : development mode is very slow (when I compile it's ok).

I use SmartGWT 3.1p, GWT 2.5.0, Eclipse 3.7.1 with GWT plugin and Firefox 18.0. Please don't ask me to update any of these, because it's not really possible where I work (unless I'm 100% sure it would fix the problem).

So now the problem : when I refresh the page to see the new changes, it takes some time. Maybe 15 seconds, but the more I reload the page (or the more I wait, I don't know), the longer it gets. So every now and then I have to completely stop the development mode and restart it.
    Also, when a ListGrid is loading (when the user clicks somewhere), it takes almost 1 minute.

Using "Run" instead of "Debug" doesn't change anything.

So, what could be the cause of this ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by JeanVt; 15 Apr 2013, 01:27.

Nobody can give me a hint to find the cause of the problem ?

Comment

This is a GWT issue : https://code.google.com/p/google-web...detail?id=7648

"star" it to vote for it being fixed.

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I tried with firefox 9, and it looks like reloading the page is a little faster, and I see "Module has been unloaded" + "Module has been loaded" in Eclipse, before I only saw "Module has been loaded".

But loading a ListGrid in development mode is still as painful as before, so I guess there is another problem. (Actually, it is even worse, because now firefox kind of freezes after the grid is loaded, but it is maybe it is an old version of firefox.)

Comment

development mode is slow. but you can use "Debug".You do not need to refresh your page.Only need to re-open widget that has be modified to see the new changes.it's very fast.

Comment

I am using debug. I'll explain my situation :

I have a menu on the left with links. When I click on a link, I do a http request which gives me a XML doc describing the columns and the data. Getting the result of the request is fast enough, no problem here.
            So I parse the XML to dynamically build and fill my ListGrid, and that is the part that takes the most time.

So the big problem is not even about refreshing the page to see the changes, but about building and filling a grid at execution time in development mode. In compiled mode it's fine.

Comment

You can try running in GWT SuperDev mode. It will be a lot faster but you will lose the ability to set break points in your IDE. You can set Java break points in Chrome / Firefox dev console instead.

Comment

Ok I'll maybe look that way, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X