Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SelectItem with multiple=true and specialValues

Hey Isomorphic,

I'm working on your ShowCase site (latest build: v13.0p_2022-09-13), and trying to define a SelectItem with multiple=true, and I want to have some special values that will NOT have a checkbox next to them.

Using 'specialValues' attribute did the trick, but now I want to align those special values to the left (to the checkbox column).

A sample based "multiSelect" page:
    SmartClient™ v13.0p_2022-09-13 Showcase

The code that I use:
    Code:
    [CODE]
    isc.DynamicForm.create({
        ID:"exampleForm",
        width:450,
        wrapItemTitles: false,
        fields: [
            {
                type:"select",
                title:"Select Multiple (PickList)",
                multiple:true,
                multipleAppearance:"picklist",
                valueMap: [ "Cat", "Dog", "Giraffe", "Goat", "Marmoset", "Mouse" ],
                specialValues: {"clear":"Clear","empty":"[Empty]","notEmpty":"[Not Empty]"}
            }

]
    });
    [/CODE]

This is the desired alignment:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-09-14_113543.png
Views:	120
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	268671

Can you please guide me how can I achieve that?

We actually think that would look worse. We would recommend mocking up the appearance you're going for, and having people choose which is better. You might find it's no more than an even split.

Moving those text values leftward is going to be difficult to do because there's a column there, so you are basically looking for some rows to have a column and some not.

If you are desperate to do this, however, probably the simplest thing would be to use recordComponents, so that, for your special rows only, the row is filled by a Label. You can turn on the recordComponents system and implement the needed APIs via pickListProperties.

Comment

Working...
    X