Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGWT Edition and License

Hi,

I'm new with SmartGWT and since from few week I've the application maintenance service of a platform developed from others.

Customer said that the solution is entirely open source and unlicensed but I've doubts about it.

How I can unterstand if the SmartGWT is licensed and which edition and version are used?

Thanks.

Kind regards.

Here are the different available editions:

https://smartclient.com/product/editions.jsp

There is a free version, but for professional development we recommend using Power Edition or at least Pro.

If you need to figure out what you already have, when the product starts up it logs its version and edition, both client and server. On the client-side, you would look at the Developer Console to see this logging (see QuickStart Guide).

Comment

Hi,

I've looked at Developer Console while the product starts up but I can't see nothing related to edition or license.

I've also looked in the apache logs while the product starts up but nothing.

There isn't a config file that contain these infos? Or how I can do retrieve these informations?

Thanks!

Kind regards.

Comment

hello giacomo.squiccimarro , when the dev console is open, you'll find the "SmartClient Version" in the lower-left corner.

Otherwise you can evaluate isc.version in the browser console

Comment

Hi claudiobosticco thanks. Seems that we have open source and then unlicensed version:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cattura.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	268911

Kind regards.

Comment

Hi giacomo.squiccimarro actually is LGPL licensed. Basically free and doesn't require you to open source your code. Here you can see what's included https://smartclient.com/product/editions.jsp

Comment

Working...
            X