Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

how to give hint in new line smartgwt ds.xml

I would like to insert a new line for hint in field attribute within the ds.xml file. How do I do it ?

Below are my codes
    <field name="image" type="binary" Validator="fileExtension" fileExtension="jpg,jpeg,gif" hint="*.jpg, *.jpeg, *.gif or *.png" width="100" ></field>

Try <br/>, but the < as &lt; and the > as &gt;

Comment

Or <br/> and all the content of hint inside CDATA.

Comment

Originally posted by Blama View Post
        Try <br/>, but the < as &lt; and the > as &gt;

<field name="image" type="binary" Validator="fileExtension" fileExtension="jpg,jpeg,gif" width="100"> &lt br &gt hint="*.jpg, *.jpeg, *.gif or *.png" > </field>

U mean like this ?

Comment

Hi chris1,

no. You want a linebreak in the content of hint, correct?
          Code:
          <field ... fileExtension="jpg,jpeg,gif" hint="*.jpg, *.jpeg,&lt;br/&gt;*.gif or *.png" width="100"></field>
          or
          Code:
          <field ... fileExtension="jpg,jpeg,gif" hint="<![CDATA[*.jpg, *.jpeg,<br/>*.gif or *.png]]>" width="100"></field>
          Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Hi Blama , both code does not seem to work from my side. Is there any other possible ways to do it ?

Comment

Hi chris1,

you could give the hint in Java as well.
              But why or what does not work? The hint at all or the line break? Check the result of the DataSourceLoader Call for that DataSource and also change some text so that you know if the system got your change. Do you see the <br/> in there? What do you see displayed in the browser?

Best regards
              Blama

Comment

Hi Blama , because I would like to bring the entire hint down to the next line, so I put the "&lt;br/&gt;" in front of the *.jpg, which looks like
                Code:
                hint="&lt;br/&gt;*.jpg, *.jpeg,*.gif or *.png"
                . However, the entire hint line was not brought down to the next line. However, when I inspect the webpage, the <br> line is there

Comment

Hi chris1,

OK, the problem is then something else. Try a space before you break or just an "a" to see if it works in general.

Best regards
                  Blama

Comment

Working...
                  X