Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Can not run GWT sample code on eclipse local glassfish server 3.1

I am tring to work with GWT on eclipse indigo.

My goal is to create new GWT project that runs on the eclipse local glassfish server. (and after that on a remote server).

I have installed the GWT plag-in on eclipse and took the following steps:

Created a new project
    Marked use google web toolkit
    Unmarked use google app engine
    Marked generate project sample code
    Right click on new project > properties > project facets > changed java ver from 1.7 to 1.6

So far so good , running the project as a web application works just fine

but when i try to upgrade the project to a dynamic web i get problems.

Steps i took :

Right click on new project > properties > project facets > mark dynamic web module
    After this step if i try to run the project as a web application, it works fine , but attempting to run it on local server results with 404 error

Project properties > google > web application > change war dir from war to WebContent
    Leave "lanch and deploy from this directory " as marked

At this point , when running the project as a web app i m getting "No startup URLs supplied and no plausible ones found -- use -startupUrl" and i can see that the WebContent dir does not hold the css and the html file that are under the war dir

At this point i simply copied the css and html files to the WebContent dir , the result:

Would work if i run it as a web applicaton, but will not connect to the server side of the app
    Will not run on eclipse's local glassfish server - return 404 error

I should add that i have imported a working project and it works fine , so it probably not a problem of the plag-in or the eclipse config , but rather on the way that i configure the project

Yaniv, I know this is an oooold post and you probably moved already to something else, but at the end did you figure out how to do it? How to configure the project in Eclipse to make it work?
    I am struggling because to me it would probably make sense to add the Dynamic Web Module facet, as you did, but then a lot of errors start cropping up (all related to jsps), and the build process hangs every time.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Comment

Working...
    X