Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

RadioGroupItem on Mobile

Hey,

does somebody knows a way to get the Picker Icons of an RadioGroupIcon bigger on mobile view? The tex is always way bigger than the radio button when I use Canvas.resizeFonts( 4 ) to make the mobile view fonts larger.

Using Canvas.resizeControls( 6 ); does make them larger.

Code:
    RadioGroupItem replyItem = new RadioGroupItem();
    replyItem.setColSpan( 2 );
    replyItem.setValueMap( replies );

Canvas.resizeFonts( 25 );
    Canvas.resizeControls( 20 );
    My button Texts are also cutted... no matter how high I make those buttons.

Code:
    ButtonItem backButton = new ButtonItem( GWebApp.lang.back() );
    backButton.setWidth( 200 );
    backButton.setHeight( 40 );

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230314-091805.png
Views:	72
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	269819

Thanks
    Andy

Attached Files

1. can you clarify, do you want the little circle of the radioItem to be as tall as a line of text?

Either way, you should look at RadioGroupItem and RadioItem - depending on whether you have set useNativeRadioItems, you may be either looking to either just replace the default images or looking at browser-specific CSS to try to enlarge native elements

2. clipping of button text does not happen in default skins. We would need to see what custom CSS you've applied here - perhaps something to do with box-sizing, line-height, or some combination

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply:

1. can you clarify, do you want the little circle of the radioItem to be as tall as a line of text?
      Yes circle should be as tall as the text.. according to your suggestion... i tried the following:
      Code:
      String css = "";
      replyItem.setUseNativeRadioItems( false );
      replyItem.setTextBoxStyle(css);
      I did not find a right css code which gets injected to the circle or text behind

2. clipping of button text does not happen in default skins. We would need to see what custom CSS you've applied here - perhaps something to do with box-sizing, line-height, or some combination
      Thanks... I will try this out

best wishes
      Andy

Comment

We'll look forward to hearing from you on #2.

On #1, you can either dive into native radio item styling (it's different per-device) or just provide replacement, very large media.

Just wondering on #1 though, maybe you can show the target appearance you want? We really did think you'd say yes to "as tall as a line of text" since this means as tall as a capital A plus the descender (think the tail on a lowercase "j"), so that would be rather abnormal, a huge radio button.

Showing us an example of that target appearance you want, side-by-side with how you see your current UI rendering on your device, would clarify things.

Comment

Working...
        X