Clear All

Strange code in SmartGWT 3.1

1. SmartGWT 3.1
    GWT 2.5.1

Strange code in Smart Gwt 3.1, cause compilation error:

GWT error code:
    Removing invalidated units
    [ERROR] Errors in 'com/smartgwt/client/util/DateUtil.java'
    [ERROR] Line 5: The import org.apache.catalina.startup.SetDocBaseRule cannot be resolved

Hello

You are missing the Catalina jar. I guess you are using tomcat. Put the jar on your path

Comment

There is no org.apache.catalina.startup.SetDocBaseRule
      in
      catalina.jar

anyway, there in a problem of smartgwt.jar
      this class
      com/smartgwt/client/util/DateUtil.java
      use unused import:
      import org.apache.catalina.startup.SetDocBaseRule

I think it have to be removed from smartgwt.jar

Comment

Use patched builds (see SmartClient.com/builds). This import was removed months ago.

Comment

hmm, similar problem

Hello,

Last week I downloaded the current build of Smart GWT 3.1 pro to get a sorted treegrid. Now I get this new error when I try to build my war with ant. This "is" found in catalina.jar, but if I put it into my lib it compiles but does not run as links I guess with tomcat at runtime?

What is this about?

Evan

[javac] Compiling 59 source files to Z:\d\Users\Evan\workspace\aa-bdlive-now\war\WEB-INF\classes
          [javac] Z:\d\Users\Evan\workspace\aa-bdlive-now\src\com\relay\winter\server\UserServiceImpl.java:23: package org.apache.catalina.realm does not exist
          [javac] import org.apache.catalina.realm.GenericPrincipal;
          [javac] ^
          [javac] Z:\d\Users\Evan\workspace\aa-bdlive-now\src\com\relay\winter\server\UserServiceImpl.java:53: cannot find symbol
          [javac] symbol : class GenericPrincipal
          [javac] location: class com.relay.winter.server.UserServiceImpl
          [javac] GenericPrincipal genericPrincipal = (GenericPrincipal) userPrincipal;
          [javac] ^
          [javac] Z:\d\Users\Evan\workspace\aa-bdlive-now\src\com\relay\winter\server\UserServiceImpl.java:53: cannot find symbol
          [javac] symbol : class GenericPrincipal
          [javac] location: class com.relay.winter.server.UserServiceImpl
          [javac] GenericPrincipal genericPrincipal = (GenericPrincipal) userPrincipal;
          [javac] ^
          [javac] 3 errors

BUILD FAILED
          Z:\d\Users\Evan\workspace\aa-bdlive-now\build.xml:52: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Comment

versions

** Smart GWT Forum
            I was using the following
            SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v8.3d_2012-09-20/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2012-09-20)

Which did not have this error message.

And now I downloaded. smartgwtpower-3.1pzip April 19, 2013 and have this new error.

If one puts in catalina.jar the error goes away and I can build a war. But then at runtime in tomcat when I goto the URL I get a new error in the browser

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.catalina.util.DefaultAnnotationProcessor cannot be cast to org.apache.AnnotationProcessor
            org.apache.jsp.login_jsp._jspInit(login_jsp.java:23)
            org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.init(HttpJspBase.java:52)
            org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:164)
            org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:340)
            org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
            org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)
            javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.35 logs.

Comment

classpath

I am fixing my classpath to point to the external jar catalina.jar

Where are the release notes that say what changes happen from Smart GWT release to release. I should go over these to see what changes might have caused this.

Certainly I should not rely on stuff like this, but if I look at the release notes I bet I would have picked it up.

I am testing now, but imagine that will do it. I should really go back and remove this dependency on tomcat, but have not had time :-)

Evan

Comment

They're in the changelog file, but there's been no change in this area for a long time. If you're finding that the catalina.jar is required, you somehow have very old .jars in use, possibly through another classpath issue.

Comment

Working...
                X