Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

TreeGrid opener - checkbox spacing?

I've got a TreeGrid with selection appearance = CHECKBOX. Is there any way to increase the spacing between the opener Icon and the checkbox ?

thanks,
    dan

Hi Dan
    We don't have a property to control this. You can use "extraIconGap" to modify the gap between the checkbox and the folder icon (on its right), but we don't have a property to control the gap between the checkbox item and the opener icon (on its left).
    You can achieve this via some custom media though. You can specify an explicit checkboxFieldImageWidth for the grid to make the checkbox render wider, and you can specify custom checkboxFieldTrueImage and checkboxFieldFalseImage to load an image with the spacing you want included as part of the media.

Regards
    Isomorphic Software.

Comment

This doesn't really solve my problem, unfortunately - as clicking the "gap" between the opener and checkbox will still trigger a selection change if it's part of the checkbox image. I'm hoping to have some dead space between the two icons...

Comment

Well you could take up the slack on the other side by increasing the openerIconSize and changing that media instead. Would that work for you?

Comment

I considered that, but I don't think so; I only found a single size attribute on the opener icon:
          setOpenerIconSize

And so unless I'm missing something ( which is entirely possible ) - I don't think I can fill the height and have a space without changing the aspect ratio of the icon.

dan

Comment

That's a fair point. We'll make a change to support separate width and height on the opener icon (ETA early next week).

Regards
            Isomorphic Software

Comment

We've now added support for "openerIconWidth" and "openerIconHeight". Please try the next nightly build (8.3p / 9.0d)

Regards
              Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
              X