• Time
Clear All

BUG on listGrid setCanRemoveRecords

SmartGWT 3.0
    v8.2p_2012-10-11/PowerEdition Deployment
    IE 8
    Google Chrome 27.0.1453.94

Hi Isomorphic,

I believe I have found a bug when trying to delete a record from a list grid.

If I set the VLayout to have a height greater than the window size so a horizontal scrollbar appears and add a listGrid to this VLayout(Screenshot1).

If I scroll down on the VLayout so the header of the listGrid is no longer shown in view (Screenshot2) and click the delete button on a record. The scroll bar moves up and the wrong record is deleted.

Expected Result:
    The scrollbar does not move and the record I selected is deleted.

Actual Result:
    The scroll bar moves up and some other record is deleted.

Please find a test case attached.

Thank you

Todd
    Attached Files

Hi Isomorphic,

Any update on this please?

Is there a workaround or is this fixed in the latest build?

Thanks

Todd

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

Here is another test case. It occurs again when the header of the listGrid is not in view of the window.

Using a listGrid with two boolean ListGridFields(tickBox1, tickBox2) which can toggle. The boolean ListGridFields have a validation rule (checkOnlyOneTicked()) which only allows one record to be selected for tickBox1 and a different record to be selected for tickBox2.

Using the code attached this validation works correctly. However like above if the panel has scrolled down so the listGrid header is not in view then it allows two records to be selected for a single field.

Test:
      Select tickBox2 for AMERICA
      Select tickBox1 for UNITED KINGDOM
      Scroll down so the listGrid header is not in view
      Select tickBox1 for FRANCE

Expected Result:
      tickBox 1 for United Kingdom is unselected
      tickBox1 for France is selected.

Actual Result:
      tickBox 1 for United Kingdom is unselected
      tickBox 1 for France is selected
      Scrollbar jumps up America is unselected for tickBox2 and selected for tickBox1. Meaning two records are selected for tickBox1 which is invalid.

Please let me know if you need more information? Or if this has been fixed?

Thanks
      Todd
      Attached Files

Comment

We are not reproducing this problem and have indeed resolves some issues in this area since the build you originally reported (3.0 branch, dated 2012-10-11).

Please try with the latest nightly build. If you are in active development, we would recommend you either use the 4.0d branch (which is in final beta so stable, and very close to an official release), or the 3.1p branch.

These are available from the nightly builds download page.

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

We are not reproducing this problem and have indeed resolved some issues in this area since the build you originally reported (3.0 branch, dated 2012-10-11).

Please try with the latest nightly build. If you are in active development, we would recommend you either use the 4.0d branch (which is in final beta so stable, and very close to an official release), or the 3.1p branch.

These are available from the nightly builds download page.

Regards
          Isomorphic Software

EDIT: A quick follow up note: This bug may be browser-specific. If you are still seeing the problem with the latest nightly build, please let us know which browser version (and OS) you're encountering the problem in. Thanks

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

This appears to be a bug in 3.0 which has been fixed in 3.1. We shall have to see if we can find a workaround.

Thanks

Todd

Comment

Working...
            X