Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

4.0 upgrade issue - ComboBoxItem picklist properties

After upgrading to SmartGWT 4 (from 3.1), I have some ComboBoxItems which have stopped working correctly. I am using setPickListProperties() to pass a ListGrid to a ComboBoxItem. Most properties I set on the grid still seem to work properly, but neither of the event handlers I had applied to the grid are being called anymore. I have a RecordClickHandler and KeyPressHandler set on the grid, and I can't get either of them to fire.

SmartClient Version: v9.0p_2013-07-10/LGPL Development Only (built 2013-07-10)
    Running in Chrome

Sample test case attached for RecordClickHandler.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Anyone else having issues with this? Simply put, the pick list properties I set on a ComboBoxItem are only being partially applied. Event handlers are not firing when using the picklist, but other properties like page size, showHeader, etc, are working fine. Everything worked as expected before upgrading from 3.1 to 4.0.

Comment

Sorry, we meant to let you know that we see this and its assigned to an engineer to fix - no current ETA

Comment

Thanks for the update!

Comment

I have exactly the same problem.
          Thanks for the Thread.

Comment

RecordClickHandler should now be fixed in builds dated August 6 and later.

For KeyPressHandler, you probably need to just use BodyKeyPressHandler instead.

kiril_bhd: are you having issues with the same handlers?

Comment

I confirm that the handlers work with the latest build 07.08.2013 in version 4.0p.
              I just think that there is a small discrepancy in the way these handlers used to work, and the way they work now.

Before: while the pickList was opened, clicking the record indeed selects it, but it doesn't close the pickList

Now: selecting the record causes the pickList to be hidden.

Thank you for your efforts and the reply.

Comment

I've come back to this a couple of times with nightly builds since the lasts posts about the fix, but still haven't been able to get it working in my sample case or the full application I have with this use case. I ran the previously submitted test case today with SmartClient Version: v9.0p_2013-08-15/LGPL Development Only (built 2013-08-15), but didn't have any luck.

On a related note, is there a way to disable record click generation when using up/down arrows in the picklist? I tried adding a new icon ListGridField with its own RecordClickHandler today to get around this issue, and the handler worked, but I don't want it firing whenever up/down is pressed in the picklist.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X