Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

DynamicForm setTitleWidth issue

Hi,

I've got a DynamicForm and I called setTitleWidth() and have disabled title wrapping.
    When the form is added in a Layout, the requested title width seems to be ignored, except if I give a specific width to my form (but I would like it to be auto-width :-/)

Any advice on how to have both auto-width and a minimum title width in a Dynamic Form ?

Thanks very much,
    Thomas
    Last edited by tgilbert; 18 Sep 2013, 08:10.

Can you be more specific about what you're seeing and what you hope to see?

It's not clear if the width ends up larger or smaller than specified.

You haven't mentioned any of your other size settings (colWidths, width of overall form, other members in HStack and their settings).

Comment

Thanks for your reply, here is a small example, as requested.
      (grid is a ListGrid, correctly displayed and 'this' refers to a VLayout without any contraint on it)
      Here, I intentionally set a very large width to test... but see the attached screenshot, it does not change anything.

Code:
      form.setWrapItemTitles(false);
      form.setCellPadding(4);
      form.setNumCols(4);
      form.setTitleWidth(300);

HStack row1 = new HStack(), row2 = new HStack();
      row1.addMember(grid);
      row1.setHeight(160);
      row2.addMember(form);

this.setMembers(row1, row2);
      Thanks!
      Thomas

PS: Actually, my goal is just to put additional space between col 2 and col 3. Perhaps there's another way to achieve this ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Take a look at the Form Layout overview - here you've not make any attempt to set numCols, and the overall width of the form is presumably just 100, the default width of the layout you're adding it to.

Comment

Working...
        X