Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

life cycle of TreeGrid, ListGridFields and SortNormalizers

SmartClient Version: SC_SNAPSHOT-2011-01-06/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2011-01-06)

IE 8

I have a conceptual question regarding a TreeGrid, ListGridFields and SortNormalizers. The scenario is I have a TreeGrid that is refreshed from time to time (new data appears from the fetchData()). I have my ListGridFields instantiated once and I reuse those ListGridFields with every TreeGrid.fetchData().

So with every fetchData() I am trying to add a new SortNormalizer to the same field before the TreeGrid.fetchData() is called, so that the results coming back are sorted properly.

Everything works fine until I try to add a different SortNormalizer to the same field in which I added to the first time.

Does this sound correct? Because my SortNormalizer works the first time, and then it does not work there after?

You can change the sort-normalizers applied to a grid at runtime via the "setSort()" API.
    You can change the filter criteria via "filterData()" or "fetchData()". You can also force a re-fetch on the same criteria via "invalidateCache()".

None of these requires you to change the set of fields for the grid of course.

Hope this helps

Regards
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
    X