Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Plan to support IE11

Hello,

As you know recently IE11 became available for windows 7. And I decided to check how smartgwt supports this new browser. But after clicking of showcase I could not find any working example.

So question is - Do you have a plan to support this new modern browser IE11 ?
    Attached Files

IE11 has been supported in the latest patch builds for a long time now - see smartclient.com/builds. Do you realize you had actually highlighted the version of the Showcase in your screenshot, and it's from June?

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      Do you realize you had actually highlighted the version of the Showcase in your screenshot, and it's from June?
      But as you can see it is a screenshot of the showcase from your website. And I always thought that your showcase has the last "production ready" version.

Comment

You seem to have missed something in what we just said; please re-read, and also be sure to read the content we linked you to (SmartClient.com/builds).

Comment

Originally posted by pavlo View Post
          But as you can see it is a screenshot of the showcase from your website. And I always thought that your showcase has the last "production ready" version.
          It is not as you can see in the lower left corner of the Showcase or the Developer Console in the top right (right now it is built July 3rd with the version from July 3rd).
          But I support what you are saying.

@Isomorphic: It really might be a good idea to update the showcase more often or even daily (same for the production docs as I suggested a few days ago (http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?p=112877#2)). That way people new to SmartGWT won't wonder about a broken showcase. I agree that a new IE version doesn't happen to often but for you this should be a really quick win.

Best regards,
          Blama

Comment

We will be updating it more often in the future, and it will be updated probably within this week regardless.

Because it's public, it's not quite a matter of just deploying the standard .war from the SDK. We have to get the caching right, and the EE Showcase needs to be hardened against vandalism.

Comment

Working...
            X