Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Option to remove boiler plate "AND xxx IS NOT NULL" for OperatorId.GREATER_OR_EQUAL?

Hi Isomorphic,

the generated SQL for
    Code:
    new Criterion("ENDDATE", OperatorId.GREATER_OR_EQUAL, new Date())
    is:
    Code:
    ({field} >= TO_DATE ('2013-11-19 00:00:00', 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') [B]AND {field} IS NOT NULL[/B])
    The generated SQL for
    Code:
    new Criterion("STARTDATE", OperatorId.LESS_OR_EQUAL, new Date())
    Code:
    ({field} <= TO_DATE ('2013-11-19 00:00:00', 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') [B]OR {field} IS NULL[/B])

While the IS NOT NULL-part for OperatorId.GREATER_OR_EQUAL is only boilerplate (at least when you are using Oracle), the IS NULL-part for OperatorId.LESS_OR_EQUAL changes the logic.
    I'm pretty sure there is a option in server.properties to disable this kind of behaviour (as well as IS NOT NULL for OperatorId.LESS_OR_EQUALS), but I don't know the option's name.

Is there also a list of the possible options for server.properties? I didn't find it in the SmartGWT or SmartClient docs.

Thank you and Best regards,
    Blama

Hi all,

I just saw this post http://forums.smartclient.com/showpo...09&postcount=6 suggesting that the OR IS NULL-part is there on purpose and has to be "disabled" with another NOT_NULL-criterion if not wanted.

@Isomorphic: Is that true? If so, at least the IS NOT NULL-part for GREATER_OR_EQUAL is still not needed (at least for Oracle).

Best regards,
    Blama

Comment

Working...
    X