Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Default value for sql.Oracle.pool.testOnBorrow property

Could you please let me know the default value for sql.Oracle.pool.testOnBorrow of SmartGwt Version 4.0.1?

We default testOnBorrow to true for all databases. There is no specific setting for sql.oracle.pool.testOnBorrow, it's just using the default of 'true'.

Comment

removeAbandoned
      logAbandoned
      removeAbandonedTimeout

even though the above properties are set those are not getting applied.

we have a scenario where the queries run very long ~20-30mins. In that case the connections are moved to inconsistent state. how would we handle the connection pool in this scenario?

Comment

If there's some issue with those properties being applied, you should see logs for this the first time a SQL connection is created/borrowed.

If you don't see such logs, you probably are not setting these properties correctly. We'll need to see the all database-related the settings you've got in server.properties to help: both the basic connection declaration and how you're attempting to configure the pool.

Comment

#Oracle Connection Pool Settings
          sql.Oracle.pool.maxActive:20
          sql.Oracle.pool.maxIdle:10
          sql.Oracle.pool.maxWait:5000
          sql.Oracle.pool.minEvictableIdleTimeMillis:5000
          sql.Oracle.pool.numTestsPerEvictionRun: 5
          sql.Oracle.pool.timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis: 10000
          sql.Oracle.pool.removeAbandoned: true
          sql.Oracle.pool.logAbandoned: true
          sql.Oracle.pool.removeAbandonedTimeout: 60

These are my settings in server.properties.

I have checked the logs and I do not see removeAbandoned,removeAbandonedTimeOut being applied.

Comment

As we said:

We'll need to see the all database-related the settings you've got in server.properties to help: both the basic connection declaration and how you're attempting to configure the pool.
            You didn't show the connection declaration.

Also, are you seeing the other properties being applied? If so, then perhaps the issue is that you are using a version of DBCP which just doesn't have a setRemoveAbandoned() API.

Comment

Working...
            X