Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Bug report: builtInDS errors after importing (class path error, deprecated warning)

Hi Isomorphic,

I noticed in current 4.1d that it is no longer possible to just import&build the builtInDS sample.
    This is because some files are there in new versions in the lib, but not in the buildpath:
    • SGWTEE_HOME/lib/poi-3.6-20091214.jar -> poi-3.9-20121203.jar
    • SGWTEE_HOME/lib/poi-ooxml-3.6-20091214.jar -> poi-ooxml-3.9-20121203.jar
    • SGWTEE_HOME/lib/poi-ooxml-schemas-3.6-20091214.jar -> poi-ooxml-schemas-3.9-20121203.jar

Also, the call to
    Code:
    Page.registerKey(debugKey, new KeyCallback() {
                public void execute(String keyName) {
                    SC.showConsole();
                }
            });
    is deprecated right now and should be:
    Code:
    KeyIdentifier debugKey = new KeyIdentifier();
    		debugKey.setCtrlKey(true);
    		debugKey.setKeyName("D");

Page.registerKey(debugKey, new PageKeyHandler() {
    			@Override
    			public void execute(String keyName) {
    				SC.showConsole();
    			}
    		});
    now.

Both these changes might be frustrating for new users importing a sample for the first time, as the get a erroneous project with warnings.
    I did not try the other samples.

Best regards,
    Blama

Thanks for pointing this out. The updated samples should be available in tomorrow's build (Jan 24 2014).

Regards,

Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

just to let you know: The doctype in the BuiltInDS-sample is still
      Code:
      <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
      <!-- The HTML 4.01 Transitional DOCTYPE declaration-->
      <!-- above set at the top of the file will set     -->
      <!-- the browser's rendering engine into           -->
      <!-- "Quirks Mode". Replacing this declaration     -->
      <!-- with a "Standards Mode" doctype is supported, -->
      <!-- but may lead to some differences in layout.   -->
      I reported it already here: forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=29069

Best regards,
      Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

just to let you know. The samples' *.gwt.xml contains:
        Code:
        <!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 1.7.0//EN" 
            "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.7.0/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
        Most likely this should be replaced by
        Code:
        <!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 2.5.1//EN" 
            "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/2.5.1/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
        or even

Code:
        <!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 2.6.0//EN" 
            "https://gwt.googlesource.com/gwt/+/2.6.0/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
        This last version is most likely wrong as it does not serve the plain file (I couldn't find the link to the plain file at googlesource).

I checked the versions for differences, they are the same between 2.5.1 and 2.6.0, but not between 1.7.0 and 2.5.1. So an update might be a good idea as (especially new) users might wonder about a reference to a GWT version from 2009, even if the samples work.

Best regards,
        Blama

EDIT:
        It might not be possible to link to the plain file from 2.6.0 for now. See https://code.google.com/p/gitiles/issues/detail?id=7
        Last edited by Blama; 3 Feb 2014, 13:52. Reason: googled

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

sorry for the many posts, but I think this should also be altered to give new users the best possible experience:
          In the current sample's build.xml you have for the javac task "source="1.5" target="1.5"", which I'd replace by "source="7" target="7"". Given the fact that most people should be using Java 7 by now and that GWT 2.6.0 supports Java7-String-switching, users will want to switch on Strings pretty soon.

Best regards,
          Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

in the current smartgwtee-4.1p eval download, there is a file smartgwtee-4.1p/api-changes.html which has not been updated for a long time (contains changes from 2.2->2.4). In the LGPL download, the file seems to be current.

Is it OK to recycle this thread for those minor notes on the framework? I do not want to spam the forums.

Best regards,
            Blama

Comment

We've taken care of this. Check the next nightly builds.

Comment

Working...
              X