Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Grid & Timeline combination?

Hi,

I'm not a 100% familiar with the Timeline/Calendar APIs yet, but was wondering about the "LaneFields in the Frozen part" of the Timeline. Can this be a scrollable section of (many) fields?

See mockup.
    There would be 2 horizontal scrollbars: one to scroll through the data, another one to scroll through the Calendar.

Or:
    Would be OK if it's also possible to do with a ListGrid + Timeline combination, as long as I can synchronize scrolling and make sure the records height are the same to have the same record perfectly aligned in both widgets.
    Then that would imply 2 vertical scrollbars as well. Which isn't a bad idea, since then I could easily let the user hide the Timeline widget if he feels like it and just look at the data.

TIA,

At the moment the laneFields area of the Timeline isn't set up to scroll independently and while it might be achievable via the AutoChild system, it would be a bit of a hack.

If, as you describe, the Timeline is really something more like an *additional view* of data primarily shown and manipulated in a grid, then we'd recommend the approach you mentioned of just showing a Timeline next to a grid, and syncing scroll positions.

Comment

Working...
    X