Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

BatchUploader encoding problem

Hi all,

I have a BatchUploader to import data from a csv file.
    All well, except that it fails to show in the grid the following TM sign correctly: ™
    Instead, it is showing the following question mark:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replace...ment_character

the same character is correctly displayed in the main grid, from which the BatchUploader gets its datasource and fields.

Thanks in advance.
    Vittorio

=========== ENVIRONMENT DETAILS ===========

smartgwt.version:4.1.d20130712
    SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v9.1d_2013-07-12/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2013-07-12)

Firefox 25.0
    Last edited by Vittorio Paternostro; 31 Jan 2014, 14:56.

Take a look at the Internationalization overview for information on how to ensure you've set your character encoding correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      Take a look at the Internationalization overview for information on how to ensure you've set your character encoding correctly.
      I have already., and could not find anything helpful on it.

Comment

Hmm. Have you already read the section Character Encodings and applied all of the advice there?

Comment

Hmm. Have you already read the section Character Encodings and applied all of the advice there?
          Yes, it suggests t explicitly specify in the page the encoding. The rest of the application works fine and the main grid shows the character fine.

If you modify the supplyItemTest.csv pasting in the TM, in the showcase's batch uploader, you'll see the question mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Vittorio Paternostro View Post
            If you modify the supplyItemTest.csv pasting in the TM, in the showcase's batch uploader, you'll see the question mark.
            Any news on this?

Thanks,
            Vittorio

Comment

Update: I thought we were using GWT 2.5.1 in this project too. But we were using 2.4 instead.
              I fixed this issue by updating to GWT 2.5.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Vittorio Paternostro View Post
                Update: I thought we were using GWT 2.5.1 in this project too. But we were using 2.4 instead.
                I fixed this issue by updating to GWT 2.5.1.
                The issue is still there, was not fixed with GWT 2.5.1.

Comment

OK, this issue has been assigned to a developer for investigation. We'll post back on this thread when we have more to say.

Comment

OK, this issue has been assigned to a developer for investigation. We'll post back on this thread when we have more to say.
                    Thanks.
                    Vittorio

Comment

This problem only happens when the server has a non-UTF8 locale. We have modified the server-side code to use the encoding associated with the HttpServletRequest instead, in the 9.0, 9.1 and 10.0 streams (SmartGWT 4.0, 4.1 and 5.0). Please try tomorrow's nightly build from one of those branches with your use case and let us know if you still see a problem.

Comment

This problem only happens when the server has a non-UTF8 locale. We have modified the server-side code to use the encoding associated with the HttpServletRequest instead, in the 9.0, 9.1 and 10.0 streams (SmartGWT 4.0, 4.1 and 5.0). Please try tomorrow's nightly build from one of those branches with your use case and let us know if you still see a problem.
                        ok, I'll try that. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Any update on this? We are using the build 4.1-p20140519 and still see this problem

Comment

No, no update is necessary as the problem is already fixed. If you're seeing an issue, it's probably something else, and we'd recommend revisiting the Internationalization overview.

Comment

No, no update is necessary as the problem is already fixed. If you're seeing an issue, it's probably something else, and we'd recommend revisiting the Internationalization overview.
                              Ok, i tried the showcase demo at the following url

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwtee/showcase/#batch_uploader

and modified the supplyItemTest.csv in excel to include a special character the re uploaded. I still see the issue in the demo as well..please see the screen shot
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X