Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Potential defect in creating ListGridField

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v9.1d_2013-12-17/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2013-12-17)

IE-8

Code:
    new ListGridField("class","Class",50);
    Code:
    new ListGridField("class33","Class",50);
    Code:
    new ListGridField("class33","Class33",50);
    I get this ERROR for the first 2 code snippets above. I would expect this error on the first one only.

Code:
    ERROR: 12:57:35.722:TMR0:WARN:Log:'class' is not a valid JavaScript identifier. DataSource and DataBoundComponent field names are required to be valid JavaScript identifiers, the syntax for which is specified by ECMA-262 Section 7.6. Note: The String.isValidID(string) function can be used to test whether a string is a valid identifier. This field applied to [DataSource ID:pivot_table_flat_fact_POF_233]. This will be the last warning.
    com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 12:57:35.722:TMR0:WARN:Log:'class' is not a valid JavaScript identifier. DataSource and DataBoundComponent field names are required to be valid JavaScript identifiers, the syntax for which is specified by ECMA-262 Section 7.6. Note: The String.isValidID(string) function can be used to test whether a string is a valid identifier. This field applied to [DataSource ID:pivot_table_flat_fact_POF_233]. This will be the last warning.
    	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:105)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:293)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:547)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:364)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Can you double-check this result? You show ListGridFields, but the warning is about a DataSourceField, and the identifier being complained about is "class", not "Class".

Comment

I tried all three examples above and the first two gave me that error.

Comment

Just so we're quite clear on the problem, can you show the actual error message resulting from the second sample?

Comment

ok, when I retested the 2nd example, I got the identical error. I need to check the DataSource fields too, I will post my findings.

Comment

That was the problem, case 2 now works fine. It was the DataSourceField name in the DataSource named 'class' that was causing that error.

thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X