Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

editable grid with GwtRpcDataSource writes old value when using grouping

version: v8.3p_2013-09-21/Pro Deployment (built 2013-09-21)
    Tested on Chrome and firefox
    Using the GwtRpcDataSource

I have a editable grid that works fine when no grouping is enabled.
    The moment I enable grouping and refresh the grid like this:
    Code:
    reportGrid.setData(new ListGridRecord[]{});
    reportGrid.invalidateCache();
    reportGrid.fetchData(new Criteria("dealerCode", getDealerUpload().getDealerCode()), new DSCallback() {
      @Override
      public void execute(DSResponse response, Object rawData, DSRequest request) {
    	reportGrid.groupBy("productName");
      }
    });
    the fields don't get updated anymore.
    What I mean is that the refresh works, the grid is showing the correct data, but when I edit a value the new value is posted to the server and returned to
    the datasource, but the call to 'processResponse (requestId, response);' resets the data to the old value.

I walked through the code and stripped out everything until I just call the server and return the data unaltered.
    I also tried to return the full record so the grouping information is in the returned data
    The grid is working fine when grouping is switched off, or when the grouping is enabled manually
    Last edited by meindert; 21 Feb 2014, 00:13. Reason: the issue comes after a refresh

I can confirm a similar behaviour in current 4.1d where a row should switch the group after change (and change the value in that grouped-by-field), but stays in the old group until destroying and recreating the ListGrid.
    I don't have a standalone testcase, but will try to build one soon.

Best regards,
    Blama

Comment

Grouping info

I've changed my update code to return a fully populated ListGridRecord, but still the value is reset to the old value. Any idea what else I can try?

Comment

Create a standalone testcase from your code, integrate in BuiltInDS-sample and post it here. I'm pretty sure Isomorphic will fix it then, as it sounds like a bug.

Best regards,
        Blama

Comment

Working...
        X