No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

moved up and moved down down ones, If I select Menu, from Button

Hi Isomarphic,
    I am using Smart Gwt-4.0p version.
    I my application, a list grid having a "IMenuButton" in one column. When ever I click the "IMenuButton", a menu will be displayed.
    If list grid having less records there is noproblem, but,
    if the list grid having huge records(more than 15), when ever I click IMenuButton, menu will be displayed, but the entire screen will be moved up and moved down down ones.
    I added IMneuButton to list grid using list grid record component.
    Please give me a solution for this issue.
    Please find the sample screen shot for reference.

Thanks..!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by vnathank; 17 Mar 2014, 02:37.

If you believe this may be a framework issue, we need code that reproduces the problem.

You also omitted your full version, browser(s) tested and other required details.

Comment

Screen moves up and down ones

Hi Isomarphic,
      Thanking you very much for your reply.
      Issue : Main screen moving up and down ones while selecting the menu from the list grid record button.
      This issue is happening in for the following browsers:
      Google Chrome : Version 33.0.1750.117 m
      Internet Explorer: Version-9, 10
      Please find the sample application code for reproducing the issue.
      sample code file name : MainWindowView.java

Note : If list grid having less amount of records no issue observed.
      Only when the list grid having the huge records(having scroll), then only this issue will be happen.
      Please provide a solution for this issue.

Thanks..
      Attached Files
      Last edited by vnathank; 27 Feb 2014, 06:53.

Comment

There's at least one usage issue to correct in the code:

Code:
        		mainPanelTitleHLayout.setHeight("63px");
        Pass just 63 as an int value if you mean pixels. Don't pass a String with "px".

Could you elaborate on "Main screen moving up and down" - are you saying that:

1. the ListGrid body area (where records are shown) scrolls?

2. browser-level scrolling is introduced and the entire screen shifts?

If the latter, the problem may be that you don't have the correct DOCTYPE (see FAQ) or may be a problem in your .html bootstrap file. Try running your code using the .html file from the builtinDS sample project instead.

Comment

Hi Isomarphic,
          Thanks for your reply.
          old : mainPanelTitleHLayout.setHeight("63px");
          As per your reply I modified the code as below.
          mainPanelTitleHLayout.setHeight(63);

Please find the answers for your queries :
          1. List Grid having scroll if it is having huge records.

2. Yes, Browser also having scrolls(horizontal and vertical) only when I click the Menu Button from the list grid.
          When ever I click Menu Button, that time only scrolls are appearing for browser and screen is moving up and down.

I have given the correct DOCTYPE in .html file as below,
          <!DOCTYPE html>
          Still I am getting the same issue.
          Please find the "TestsmartGwtProject.html.htm" file and modified "MainWindowView.java".

Please use the sample code which I provided and let us know you are able to reproduce this issue or not ?
          If required more details please let me know.

Thanks.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by vnathank; 3 Mar 2014, 21:44.

Comment

We still need your full version, and we need you to test with the latest available patched build.

Also, please be sure to test *without* any skin customizations you may have applied.

Comment

Hi,
              Could you please confirm whether you are able to observe the stated issue in the sample provided by us? If not please run the sample and let us know if more details are required.
              As we are able to observe this issue with the provided sample in our earlier post, we think skin customization is not applicable here.
              As indicated earlier we have used SmartGWT 4.0p/Pro/2014-03-04,
              And also I observed the same issue with SmartGWT/4.1p/Pro/2014-03-05.

Thanks

Comment

We're not sure yet what your description of the issue actually means, so once again, please confirm that whatever the issue is, you can reproduce it with a standard, unmodified skin.

Comment

Hi,

As indicated and shown in the Sample application provided in our earlier post

1. We have not modified any Skin and using the Standard Skin
                  2. We have observed this issue using the latest version of SmartGWT Library also (SmartGWT/4.1p/Pro/2014-03-05)

Reported Issue:
                  As shown in the sample, list grid is having a "IMenuButton" control in one of the columns.
                  When ever we click on this "IMenuButton", a menu will be displayed with various items to select.
                  When this list grid is having more records (more than 15), a vertical scroll bar inside the List grid is automatically displayed (This is as per the expected behavior).
                  In this case if I click on IMenuButton, menu with list of the items is displayed (This is as per the expected behavior), but the entire screen is jumping (Moving up and down). This is observed with IE 9, 10, 11 and also with Chrome Browsers.

Now could you please clarify the following:
                  1. Were you able to observe this reported issue using the sample provided by us?

Please let me know in case you are not able to observe this issue or has any other queries.

Comment

There are a few issues in this code - it does NOT use an IMenuButton for instance - it also recreates the menu every time, and has some dubious and broken code that relies on settingsButton in the wrong scope...

It's that last example above that's causing your issue, so you should fix that - settingsButton is not what you think it is - it's the button from the last row you rendered, not the one you just clicked on.

To specifically fix your sample, just get rid of this code below:

Code:
                    // groupSettingsMenu.showNextTo(settingsButton, "right");

Comment

Working...
                    X