Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

IE 8 ListGrid Styles

I am using SmartGWT 4.1 and have noticed that in some of our old IE8 machines the bahavior of the ListGrid is different. For one thing it doesn't set the <TD> class to "tallCell" in fact it doesn't set a class at all. yet in FF or Chrome it does. It instead seems to build out a style element. This is further puzzling in that when run locally on Windows the <TR> has role of "listitem" and the style has the properties:
    overflow: hidden;
    white-space: nowrap;

However, when deployed to run on our UNIX HP server those items are missing causing the columns to shift and not display properly.

But again in everything other than IE8 it works fine. Is there some setting I can use to get IE8 to behave more correctly and is there any reason why it would behave differently between local/win and server/unix?

Thank you

See GridRenderer.fastCellUpdates for why you don't see a CSS style applied (deep voodoo to work around IE8 bugs).

In the same doc, note the prohibition against stylesheets hosted on other servers. This could be your Unix HP issue, if the stylesheet is loaded from another host in that environment.

"listitem" is not a style we ship. You are seeing some third-party CSS that is poorly written - it seemingly styles all <tr> elements on the page.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I'm reading the forums in order to get a broader view of what other people are doing with the framework and to have read and remember the best practice tips in case I'll need them sometime.

The API you mention here seems not to be JavaDoc'd.
      http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwte...dRenderer.html

Best regards,
      Blama

Comment

Sorry, in SmartGWT, fastCellUpdates is documented only on the ListGrid (in SmartClient it appears in the docs in both places).

Comment

Working...
        X