Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

problem upgrading to smartgwt 4.1, toolstrip throws exception

Hello, as mentioned, trying to upgrade my project to 4.1 from 3.1.

I have a code segment that adds buttons to a toolstrip and adds separators between them, always worked fine:

Code:
    public void addToolBarItem(CrudToolStripButton button){
            try {
                button.setShowFocused(false);
                button.setCanFocus(false);
     >>>>>>           if(toolStrip.getMembers().length >0){
                    toolStrip.addSeparator();
                }
                toolStrip.addButton(button);
                toolbarItems.add(button);
            } catch (Exception e) {
                e.printStackTrace(); 
            }
        }
    but when i now shifted my jars to 4.1, i get a weird exception, complaining about the marked line in my code segment above.

I have no idea what is is, pointers much appreciated. Stack trace below:

Uncaught exception: java.lang.AssertionError
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.Button.getOrCreateRef(Button.java:104)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.Button.getOrCreateRef(Button.java:1)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:338)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:219)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:571)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:279)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
    at com.smartgwt.client.util.ObjectFactory.createCanvas(ObjectFactory.java)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:338)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:219)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:571)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:279)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.Canvas.getByJSObject(Canvas.java)
    at com.smartgwt.client.util.ConvertTo.arrayOfCanvas(ConvertTo.java:3312)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.layout.Layout.getMembers(Layout.java:702)
    at com.mypackage.toolbar.AbstractToolbarLayout.addToolBarItem(AbstractToolbarLayout.java:50)
    at com.mypackage.toolbar.CrudToolBarLayout.enableDefaultToolbarItems(CrudToolBarLayout.java:77)
    com.google.gwt.ajaxloader.client.ExceptionHelper.runProtected(ExceptionHelper.java:36)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:293)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:547)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:364)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)

Hey guys,

any chance of a response to this? Would be great to hear you're looking into it. We use that method in quite a few places in our app.

as one of the other thread headers say: "Exception in method getMembers() class ToolStrip" is the issue.

There are two other threads on the same topic, so i'm not the only one:

http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=29654

http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=29771
    Last edited by mathias; 21 Mar 2014, 07:04.

Comment

This is already being looked into.

Comment

This problem is proving a bit elusive, but we are continuing to investigate.

Isomorphic

Comment

Huge thanks for keeping me informed, appreciated. Keep at it! :)

Comment

You should see a fix for this in tonights nightly build on both 5.0 and 4.1.

Isomorphic

Comment

Hello, I have the same problem:

toolStrip.getMembers() fails with java.lang.AssertionError

you posted that promblem was fixed in 4.1p release, but i download latest build (2014-06-07) and it still fails

Comment

A test case constructed from the code above no longer crashes. Let us know if you can produce a ready-to-run, minimal test case where there is still an issue.

Comment

Working...
                X